Triangles/Vertices per second

BlackLivesMatter

* MOVE IF NOT IN RIGHT TOPIC *

Hello,

i fell over something called triangles/vertices per second in graphics cards, and i wondered what it was? Is there a difference between triangles per second and vertices per second? What does it do?

Well, 3D models are made out of triangles (the surfaces are divided into triangles), verticies are the corner points of the triangles. That number probably refers to how many triangles a second the gpu can process. By processing I mean to do the matrix operations to move, rotate and scale the triangles, when you for example rotate a 3D model on your screen. Large models can contain millions of triangles... Divide the triangles per second value by the number of triangles your model has, and you get a ball park figure of how many frames a second the gpu could draw that model, based just on the geometry processing required.

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/