I guess everyone made a thread about this..

Long story short not so short ;_; I have Asus Strix 2.0 Headset that did everything I could ask for in the past 3 years. They are still working, tho both of the rotating cups snaped and had to glue them..
With time I understood that what I thought for good quality is actually mediocre so I want to experience and treat myself with better headphones(don't absolutely need them to be with microphone as I have dedicated one).

I was looking at audio technica and every other brand that is praised but I haven't followed which model is old and which is newer as I don't really want a headphone older than 2015 I would like to be post 2015.

My PC usage is primarily Coding/Browsing/YouTube/Music/Gaming on close doors and lights off, so rich audio with good enough bass is nice to have, don't want them to be way too muffled with little to no bass but not to be over the top bass to the point in YouTube video while someone is talking a bit more loud is struggle. My budget is around 200$ so nothing crazy like 1K pair of headphones. I may stretch the budget to 250$ if I wait a bit more and it's something that I just can't miss on.

Thanks in advance to everyone who takes time to recommend something !

Is there some reason behind needing a post-2015 design?
If your logic behind this is to avoid getting outdated equipment, it's a fairly shallow one on this end, and $200 headphones generally aren't for the person looking to be on the absolute bleeding edge of technology here.

I've been overwhelmingly happy with my MSR7's, but if you're not willing to consider them, they're a design from somewhere around 2013-2014. ( if you do, I would encourage you to do some looking around, seeing that you're from Bulgaria, I don't know availability, but I do know mine were $199 when I bought them, so I know they can be found cheaper)

They have a fairly flat signature, so an EQ will allow you to balance them to your liking.

~Remember to quote posts to continue support on your thread~
-Don't be this kind of person-

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

7 minutes ago, Semper said:

Is there some reason behind needing a post-2015 design?
If your logic behind this is to avoid getting outdated equipment, it's a fairly shallow one on this end, and $200 headphones generally aren't for the person looking to be on the absolute bleeding edge of technology here.

I've been overwhelmingly happy with my MSR7's, but if you're not willing to consider them, they're a design from somewhere around 2013-2014. ( if you do, I would encourage you to do some looking around, seeing that you're from Bulgaria, I don't know availability, but I do know mine were $199 when I bought them, so I know they can be found cheaper)

They have a fairly flat signature, so an EQ will allow you to balance them to your liking.

I understand that 200 is not enough to be on the edge of technology but I haven't said I need to be. The reason is that most manufacters fix their problems of the last generation with the newer one. While buying a 2013 product new you most of the time can find it for the full price while with the same money most of the time you can actually buy the newer one.

8 minutes ago, voiha said:

I understand that 200 is not enough to be on the edge of technology but I haven't said I need to be. The reason is that most manufacters fix their problems of the last generation with the newer one. While buying a 2013 product new you most of the time can find it for the full price while with the same money most of the time you can actually buy the newer one.

pre-2015 ≠ bad.

A prime example of this is Sennheiser's 500 series. If i'm not mistaken, they trace their lineage back to the early 2000's, with the second generation coming about around 2010. It's a line that's very well respected and still prevalent/relevant today.

My post wasn't intended to call you stupid for your thoughts on the matter (and I apologize if you took it as such), but rather to inform you that you're limiting yourself from some very good quality headphones because of your age expectations. There's second, third, fourth, fifth (the list goes on...) generations of quality cans that pre-date 2015.

CPU:  AMD Ryzen 7 5800x | RAM: 2x16GB Crucial Ripjaws Z | Cooling: XSPC/EK/Bitspower loop | MOBO: Gigabyte x570 Aorus Master | PSU: Seasonic Prime 750 Titanium  

SSD: 250GB Samsung 980 PRO (OS) | 1TB Crucial MX500| 2TB Crucial P2 | Case: Phanteks Evolv X | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 (with EK Block) | HDD: 1x Seagate Barracuda 2TB

9 minutes ago, huilun02 said:

It doesn't work like that...

The headphone industry is mature enough where there is no real correlation between design date and sound quality.

Its more down to preference. Just like food, a newer recipe or the dish costing $1000 may not be the best tasting version of the dish you've ever had.

Also the best sounding pair for you may not mean that its the most comfortable to wear, or much more robust than what you had previously.

All I can gather is that you listen in a closed room so an open back headset can be considered.

Maybe if you could say what genre of music you listen to the most, someone might have the experience to suggest something that goes best with what you listen.

One more thing to keep in mind, that you don't really use American dollars in Bulgaria. The price of goods there is likely different as well. I'm not in/from anywhere near Europe.

I totally agree with you, prices here are most of the time 20% more expensive than USA solely because of TAX (which is 20% here). 

I would use them for music, but also for gaming and youtube, so I don't know exactly how this can be combine if I say for example ( I listen to Classic music but I play Doom occasionally). I listen mostly to calm trap/edm songs or music generally like (xxxtentacion - moonlight type of stuff), but I can go for some Bassy rap or trap music, that's why headset with good mid's and low's would be preffered, nothing obnoxious ofcourse (like the beats by dre).

I don't really found the benefit of the open back headphones except if your friend wants to listen of what you listen too. I would prefer closed over-ear phones.

The reason I said "200$" is as I converted them into bulgarian leva's and added the 20% tax so when someone says these are 199 I would know how much they will be here tentatively.

17 minutes ago, Semper said:

pre-2015 ≠ bad.

A prime example of this is Sennheiser's 500 series. If i'm not mistaken, they trace their lineage back to the early 2000's, with the second generation coming about around 2010. It's a line that's very well respected and still prevalent/relevant today.

My post wasn't intended to call you stupid for your thoughts on the matter (and I apologize if you took it as such), but rather to inform you that you're limiting yourself from some very good quality headphones because of your age expectations. There's second, third, fourth, fifth (the list goes on...) generations of quality cans that pre-date 2015.

I see, then I should change my mind about that. Most of the time I see them as "new is better" because I compare them with other analogies like "This new car is better than the previous one because now has 4 tires rather than 3". I understand that I need to compare apples to apples not lemons to apples. 

Thanks you, is the 500 series of Sennheiser better than the 600 money wise ?

2 minutes ago, voiha said:

I see, then I should change my mind about that. Most of the time I see them as "new is better" because I compare them with other analogies like "This new car is better than the previous one because now has 4 tires rather than 3". I understand that I need to compare apples to apples not lemons to apples. 

Thanks you, is the 500 series of Sennheiser better than the 600 money wise ?

A quick search shows the low end of the 600 series starting at right around $300. It should be noted that I do not have any first-hand experience with the 500 or 600 series. My experience with their reputation is the continuous positive impressions seen on and off this forum.

My recommendation on this thread hearkens back to my original post with my MSR7's. They're what I have first-hand experience with, replacing a set of dead Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's which I found to be uncomfortable, as well as relatively mediocre build quality.

7 minutes ago, Semper said:

A quick search shows the low end of the 600 series starting at right around $300. It should be noted that I do not have any first-hand experience with the 500 or 600 series. My experience with their reputation is the continuous positive impressions seen on and off this forum.

My recommendation on this thread hearkens back to my original post with my MSR7's. They're what I have first-hand experience with, replacing a set of dead Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro's which I found to be uncomfortable, as well as relatively mediocre build quality.

I see, do you find difference while plugging or using them wirelessly in sound quality/power ? On the MSR7 I mean

6 minutes ago, voiha said:

I see, do you find difference while plugging or using them wirelessly in sound quality/power ? On the MSR7 I mean

the MSR7's aren't natively designed to be wireless, so in that regard, the limitation is going to come forth in the quality of the wireless adapter in use and/or any interference it will experience.

I don't use mine wirelessly, and am unable to add a useful comment to this aspect.

36 minutes ago, voiha said:

I see, then I should change my mind about that. Most of the time I see them as "new is better" because I compare them with other analogies like "This new car is better than the previous one because now has 4 tires rather than 3".

Better analogy for newer is better fixation would be that, because rubber tires are century old idea, car with steel wheels and some marketing BS hype must be better.

Also because steering wheel is equally old, car with "modern digital" controls of one button turning steering wheels at fixed speed toward right and other button toward left would surely be better, right?

Important breakthroughs in headphones were made long ago.

Open design which brought kinda of revolution to sound quality is actually 50 years old.

And newer isn't automatically better.

For example mechanical design of current HD500-models with that fashionable looking single sided ear cup attachment is worser than old.

Also shiny fashion plastics tend to be more brittle than old standard black plastic.

Old desing HD590 (my first full size headphone) survived decade of use without mechanical wear except in skinny cable.

While designed for fashion HD595 started breaking in before three years, as consequence of flawed mechanical design and brittle bling bling plastic.

58 minutes ago, voiha said:

I would use them for music, but also for gaming and youtube, so I don't know exactly how this can be combine if I say for example ( I listen to Classic music but I play Doom occasionally). I listen mostly to calm trap/edm songs or music generally like (xxxtentacion - moonlight type of stuff), but I can go for some Bassy rap or trap music, that's why headset with good mid's and low's would be preffered, nothing obnoxious ofcourse (like the beats by dre).

I don't really found the benefit of the open back headphones except if your friend wants to listen of what you listen too. I would prefer closed over-ear phones.

The reason I said "200$" is as I converted them into bulgarian leva's and added the 20% tax so when someone says these are 199 I would know how much they will be here tentatively.

Unless you want to import from US just use Euros, like most EU countries from which you're free to buy without any import customs worries.

Ang gaming is actually the most demanding use if you want best immersion capabilities.

Stereo music simply forgives lots of deficiencies compared to binaural sound.

31 minutes ago, EsaT said:

Better analogy for newer is better fixation would be that, because rubber tires are century old idea, car with steel wheels and some marketing BS hype must be better.

Also because steering wheel is equally old, car with "modern digital" controls of one button turning steering wheels at fixed speed toward right and other button toward left would surely be better, right?

Important breakthroughs in headphones were made long ago.

Open design which brought kinda of revolution to sound quality is actually 50 years old.

And newer isn't automatically better.

For example mechanical design of current HD500-models with that fashionable looking single sided ear cup attachment is worser than old.

Also shiny fashion plastics tend to be more brittle than old standard black plastic.

Old desing HD590 (my first full size headphone) survived decade of use without mechanical wear except in skinny cable.

While designed for fashion HD595 started breaking in before three years, as consequence of flawed mechanical design and brittle bling bling plastic.

Unless you want to import from US just use Euros, like most EU countries from which you're free to buy without any import customs worries.

Ang gaming is actually the most demanding use if you want best immersion capabilities.

Stereo music simply forgives lots of deficiencies compared to binaural sound.

Won't even mention half of your comment - I asked for specific models and if someone can recommend me to look at some good one's around the price that I stated. I've never said that I'm going to buy the headphones from USA. You just typed something to fill the void ?