Before I buy does this look good?

JCD69

This computer is a build with some parts from my old PC and some new parts. The only thing I haven't already purchased is the RAM, CPU cooler, and CASE. I just want to get some advice on my final list and see if there's anything that's incompatible or that I'm missing. I'm still deciding between the kraken x62 or the hyper evo 212. I was also curious what cables I need for this and how I can get them custom? I just want like all black nice looking cables for the aesthetic.

Thanks.

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/Jcdanible/saved/464Bbv

looks good, maybe wanna get a gold rated psu, but other then that it looks good

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

High end CPU -good

High end cooler (the X62) -good

Cheap crappy motherboard

Spoiler

triggered.jpg

but seriously, are you looking into overclocking or not?

CPU: i7-2600K 4751MHz 1.44V (software) --> 1.47V at the back of the socket Motherboard: Asrock Z77 Extreme4 (BCLK: 103.3MHz) CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 RAM: Adata XPG 2x8GB DDR3 (XMP: 2133MHz 10-11-11-30 CR2, custom: 2203MHz 10-11-10-26 CR1 tRFC:230 tREFI:14000) GPU: Asus GTX 1070 Dual (Super Jetstream vbios, +70(2025-2088MHz)/+400(8.8Gbps)) SSD: Samsung 840 Pro 256GB (main boot drive), Transcend SSD370 128GB PSU: Seasonic X-660 80+ Gold Case: Antec P110 Silent, 5 intakes 1 exhaust Monitor: AOC G2460PF 1080p 144Hz (150Hz max w/ DP, 121Hz max w/ HDMI) TN panel Keyboard: Logitech G610 Orion (Cherry MX Blue) with SteelSeries Apex M260 keycaps Mouse: BenQ Zowie FK1

Model: HP Omen 17 17-an110ca CPU: i7-8750H (0.125V core & cache, 50mV SA undervolt) GPU: GTX 1060 6GB Mobile (+80/+450, 1650MHz~1750MHz 0.78V~0.85V) RAM: 8+8GB DDR4-2400 18-17-17-39 2T Storage: HP EX920 1TB PCIe x4 M.2 SSD + Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA SSD, 128GB Toshiba PCIe x2 M.2 SSD (KBG30ZMV128G) gone cooking externally, 1TB Seagate 7200RPM 2.5" HDD (ST1000LM049-2GH172) left outside Monitor: 1080p 126Hz IPS G-sync

Desktop benching:

Cinebench R15 Single thread:168 Multi-thread: 833 

SuperPi (v1.5 from Techpowerup, PI value output) 16K: 0.100s 1M: 8.255s 32M: 7m 45.93s

Just now, lmeneses said:

looks good, maybe wanna get a gold rated psu, but other then that it looks good

It's my PSU from old PC and I'll get a nicer one later but running low on the cash flow after the upgrades haha!

Thanks, Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Do you know where I can get custom black cables? Or maybe not custom but just black cables for everything?

Just now, JCD69 said:

It's my PSU from old PC and I'll get a nicer one later but running low on the cash flow after the upgrades haha!

Thanks, Just want to make sure I'm not missing anything. Do you know where I can get custom black cables? Or maybe not custom but just black cables for everything?

I do not, and oh, i see  

PC: CPU: i5-9600k - CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 - GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 - Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 - RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000 - PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply - Case: Thermaltake - Core G21 TG

the 212 evo is a massive downgrade from the X62, but i'd look for a H115i pro or CLC 280 instead since they're cheaper and perform similarly. look for sleeved cable extension kits on newegg or cablemod.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

Just now, Jurrunio said:

High end CPU -good

High end cooler (the X62) -good

Cheap crappy motherboard

Reveal hidden contents

triggered.jpg

but seriously, are you looking into overclocking or not?

Not super into Overclocking because I guess I don't care too much but I probably will try it out later. Going to go with hyper evo 212 and upgrade to NZXT kraken x62 later. I spend $160 on 1700x used for a month on craigslist but he ended up going with intel, got the mobo for $70, and all the other parts I already had. It's sort of me upgrading and saving money I guess...

Why are you getting 2 ssds? Just get a 512gb m.2 and a 2tb hdd for mass.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

Where are you purchasing from, what do you already own and what is your budget/purpose? This would be much easier in a pcpartpicker list even if you aren't buying everything new.

My current rig:

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

the 212 evo is a massive downgrade from the X62, but i'd look for a H115i pro or CLC 280 instead since they're cheaper and perform similarly. look for sleeved cable extension kits on newegg or cablemod.

I want to go with the hyper evo 212 because it's cheap and I can upgrade later. Probably won't overclock just like the kraken x62 because literally looks. I got the cpu for $160 on craigslist and he used it for like a month to update his bios then went intel instead, and then got the mobo for $70, everything else I already had except Case, and RAM, and CPU cooler. Trying to upgrade and save some money with still leaving room to upgrade (Example Motherboard, CPU cooler)

1 minute ago, JCD69 said:

Not super into Overclocking because I guess I don't care too much but I probably will try it out later. Going to go with hyper evo 212 and upgrade to NZXT kraken x62 later. I spend $160 on 1700x used for a month on craigslist but he ended up going with intel, got the mobo for $70, and all the other parts I already had. It's sort of me upgrading and saving money I guess...

get a ninja 4 then, only $40 but it's on par with 240mm aios.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

1 minute ago, hconverse02 said:

Where are you purchasing from, what do you already own and what is your budget/purpose? This would be much easier in a pcpartpicker list even if you aren't buying everything new.

The post has a description which answers the questions. Also, I updated the post so it's just a PCPartpicker link.

1 minute ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

get a ninja 4 then, only $40 but it's on par with 240mm aios.

I want to get a Kraken x62 later straight up because It looks nice and I like nice looking computers. But since I just bought quite a few parts and still have to buy a $80 case and $160 RAM I'm going to go with the cheaper evo 212. I appreciate the suggestion. 

1 minute ago, JCD69 said:

The post has a description which answers the questions. Also, I updated the post so it's just a PCPartpicker link.

11 minutes ago, JCD69 said:

The only thing I haven't already purchased is the RAM, CPU cooler, and CASE.

What have you purchased? I am too tired for double negatives.

My current rig:

Just now, hconverse02 said:

What have you purchased? I am too tired for double negatives.

I already had my two SSD's, 3TB HDD, 1070ti, PSU, and just purchased my 1700x Used on craigslist, and MOBO on sale. I still need a case, RAM, and CPU cooler.

5 minutes ago, JCD69 said:

I want to get a Kraken x62 later straight up because It looks nice and I like nice looking computers. But since I just bought quite a few parts and still have to buy a $80 case and $160 RAM I'm going to go with the cheaper evo 212. I appreciate the suggestion. 

Cryorig H7 is 5$ more, and looks nicer. Cryorig m9i is 20$, and is within 1 degree of the the 212 evo.

6 minutes ago, JCD69 said:

I already had my two SSD's, 3TB HDD, 1070ti, PSU, and just purchased my 1700x Used on craigslist, and MOBO on sale. I still need a case, RAM, and CPU cooler.

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/vkMRq4 much simpler

Edited by hconverse02
sigh forgot cpu cooler

My current rig:

1 minute ago, hconverse02 said:

I appreciate the suggestion but I'm set on spending $30 or less on CPU cooler, and getting RGB RAM I'm also going to use my PSU until I buy something Gold rated.

thanks.

Just now, JCD69 said:

I appreciate the suggestion but I'm set on spending $30 or less on CPU cooler, and getting RGB RAM I'm also going to use my PSU until I buy something Gold rated.

thanks.

Then why make the post and ask for suggestions? If you set a $500 budget for the things you say you want to purchase, but only come to confirm what you want, then why ask for help?  If you say you need cpu cooler, ram and a case, I'm going to assume you just need price/performance before aesthetics.  Specify before you make the post please what the purpose of your upgrade is.

My current rig:

6 minutes ago, Firewrath9 said:

Cryorig H7 is 5$ more, and looks nicer. Cryorig m9i is 20$, and is within 1 degree of the the 212 evo.

Wow, I've never even seen the Cryorig H7 I'm definitely going to go with that over the hyper evo 212. Thanks

Just now, hconverse02 said:

Then why make the post and ask for suggestions? If you set a $500 budget for the things you say you want to purchase, but only come to confirm what you want, then why ask for help?  If you say you need cpu cooler, ram and a case, I'm going to assume you just need price/performance before aesthetics.  Specify before you make the post please what the purpose of your upgrade is.

I want to make sure everything is compatible, and get potential suggestions. For example, someone just suggested me the Cryorig H7 and I actually decided to get that over the hyper evo 212. Just because I don't like your suggestions doesn't mean you have to get butthurt. Someone also suggested that I get a gold rated psu and that was a good suggestion and something I'm writing down to upgrade later. 

Thanks anyways