Need Parts Help for PC for Gaming

So I have a Asus prime mobo that only supports 8th generation processors and all other PC parts.

I need RAM and CPU for it.

Max $500 and I was thinking over 3.5 GHz

RAM I want RGB, 8 GB or 16 GB? (which do I need for Overwatch, Warface, & CS-GO)

Also anyone know a good cheap SSD?

Systems:

Main Gaming:                                                        Windows XP:

Ryzen 5 2600                                                               Intel Pentium 3

Asus RX 580 OC                                                     1GB DDR2

Patriot Viper DDR4 8GB                                         Asus Motherboard

Asus ROG B450-I                                                   Dell 300W

Corsair CX 450                                                       ATI Rage 128 Fury Pro

FreeNAS Server:                                                   Windows 98/95 duel boot:

I5 3400k                                                                  Pentium Pro

Patriot DDR3 8GB                                                  HP Vectra motherboard 

Gigabyte Ultra Durable                                           500MB RAM

Rosewill Glacier 600W                                           Soundblaster 16

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

AMD Phenom x4 850                                          Key:

Kukete A78                                                          Motherboard

Kingston 4GB DDR3                                            Memory

Dell 500W                                                            Power Supply

Graphics Card

Other Gaming:                                                    Sound Card

Ryzen 5 2600                                                       Processor

Asus ROG Strix B350-F Gaming

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

9 minutes ago, BLLDoesTech said:

So I have a Asus prime mobo that only supports 8th generation processors and all other PC parts.

RAM I want RGB, 8 GB or 16 GB? (which do I need for Overwatch, Warface, & CS-GO)

ADATA SU800 has been really good value SSD lineup. 128 GB, 256GB, 512, etc. 

for CPU/Memory combo, what GPU are you using and what games do you plan on playing? More then likely, an i5-8600k and an aftermarker cooler wouldn't be a bad idea, but you could also probably get an i7 8700 and 16GB of ram for just over $500, though you really wouldn't need it for just those games. 

i5, good cooler and 16GB: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3GqVsJ

i7, cheap cooler and 16GB: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pVGJjc

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"
i7-9750H - 16GB DDR4 - GTX 1660Ti - 480GB SSD M.2 - 1TB 2.5" BX500 SSD 

VM + NAS Server (ProxMox 6.3)

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

I agree with Brink. If those are the games you have in mind an i5 should do wonders.

This list is exactly the same as he posted, only changed the rams to rgb ones https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Honestly, if you are not planning on overclocking, a 3200Hz is pointless but since the 2600Hz cost only $2 less... screw it

As for SSD i'm running a Crucial MX500 250gb. Can't complain

All the best and good luck with your build!!

1 hour ago, Brink2Three said:

ADATA SU800 has been really good value SSD lineup. 128 GB, 256GB, 512, etc. 

for CPU/Memory combo, what GPU are you using and what games do you plan on playing? More then likely, an i5-8600k and an aftermarker cooler wouldn't be a bad idea, but you could also probably get an i7 8700 and 16GB of ram for just over $500, though you really wouldn't need it for just those games. 

i5, good cooler and 16GB: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/3GqVsJ

i7, cheap cooler and 16GB: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/pVGJjc

The Asus prime supports this, is it better than a normal ssd?

Processor is good, not sure about the RAM I want to get RGB

Systems:

Ryzen 5 2600                                                               Intel Pentium 3

Corsair CX 450                                                       ATI Rage 128 Fury Pro

FreeNAS Server:                                                   Windows 98/95 duel boot:

I5 3400k                                                                  Pentium Pro

Patriot DDR3 8GB                                                  HP Vectra motherboard 

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

Dell 500W                                                            Power Supply

Graphics Card

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

48 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

I agree with Brink. If those are the games you have in mind an i5 should do wonders.

This list is exactly the same as he posted, only changed the rams to rgb ones https://pcpartpicker.com/list/

Honestly, if you are not planning on overclocking, a 3200Hz is pointless but since the 2600Hz cost only $2 less... screw it

What RAM? Link is broken.

Systems:

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

Graphics Card

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

49 minutes ago, AdroG23 said:

Gotta post the Permalink, not hyperlink :)

Fine you want the PSU tier list? Have the PSU tier list: https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1116640-psu-tier-list-40-rev-103/

Stille (Desktop)

Ryzen 9 3900XT@4.5Ghz - Cryorig H7 Ultimate - 16GB Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz- MSI RTX 3080 Ti Ventus 3x OC - SanDisk Plus 480GB - Crucial MX500 500GB - Intel 660P 1TB SSD - (2x) WD Red 2TB - EVGA G3 650w - Corsair 760T

Evoo Gaming 15"

1x Xeon E5-2690 v2  - 92GB ECC DDR3 - Quadro 4000 - Dell H310 HBA (Flashed with IT firmware) -500GB Crucial MX500 (Proxmox Host) Kingston 128GB SSD (FreeNAS dev/ID passthrough) - 8x4TB Toshiba N300 HDD

Toys: Ender 3 Pro, Oculus Rift CV1, Oculus Quest 2, about half a dozen raspberry Pis (2b to 4), Arduino Uno, Arduino Mega, Arduino nano (x3), Arduino nano pro, Atomic Pi. 

2 minutes ago, BLLDoesTech said:

The Asus prime supports this, is it better than a normal ssd?

Processor is good, not sure about the RAM I want to get RGB

That SSD still runs on a SATA controller. It's going to perform within margin of error. (1-2% max difference) 

If you want RGB RAM, then you'll have to go with 8GB on the i7, or drop down to the i5 with 16GB. 

The Gskill TridentZ RGB and Corsiar Vengeance Pro RGB kits are what I recommend for DDR4 kits. And Ram speed doesn't make that big of a difference in gaming, so just go with what fits your budget best. 

Stille (Desktop)

Evoo Gaming 15"

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/brPCMZ

I think this is what I will go with, I just put the mobo on there for my own sanity.

TridentZ RGB 2x8

i5 8700k 3.6GHz

ADATA SU800 On-Board SSD

$506

$6 over budget 

Thanks guys!

PS: probably going to stick with the stock cooler for the time being, maybe upgrade in the future to a Noctua NH-D15

Systems:

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

Graphics Card

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

Just now, BLLDoesTech said:

I think this is what I will go with, I just put the mobo on there for my own sanity.

TridentZ RGB 2x8

i5 8700k 3.6GHz

ADATA SU800 On-Board SSD

$506

$6 over budget 

Thanks guys!

PS: probably going to stick with the stock cooler for the time being, maybe upgrade in the future to a Noctua NH-D15

the unlocked 8xxxK series of CPUs do NOT come with a stock cooler. They assume that if you're buying an unlocked cpu, then you're probably overclocking and will buy an aftermarket CPU cooler. So at the very least you will need to add something like a hyper 212... 

It sucks but that's how it works right now. 

Also, I'm guessing that it was a typo, but it's an i5-8600k. 8700k is the i7. :)

Stille (Desktop)

Evoo Gaming 15"

that was the Ram the Trident z rgb 2x8

The Corsair ones use propietary software iCUE. The Tridentz ALLEDGEDLY works with Aura Sync,

Since you have an ASUS board i'd go with the TRIDENTZ (only for environment compatibility. In my rig i have all Corsair products for that reason and because they look AWESOME!!!)

1 hour ago, AdroG23 said:

that was the Ram the Trident z rgb 2x8

The Corsair ones use propietary software iCUE. The Tridentz ALLEDGEDLY works with Aura Sync,

Since you have an ASUS board i'd go with the TRIDENTZ (only for environment compatibility. In my rig i have all Corsair products for that reason and because they look AWESOME!!!)

I built an open desk pc (parts attached to the desk so I got some RGB fans and lights) so the RAM should be a cool addition to that, glad to know its aurora sync cause thats what everything else runs off of

Systems:

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

Graphics Card

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2

7 hours ago, BLLDoesTech said:

TridentZ RGB 2x8

i5 8700k 3.6GHz

ADATA SU800 On-Board SSD

$506

$6 over budget 

Thanks guys!

don't bother with the 8600k and 3000mhz ram since you only have a H310 board, get an 8700 or 8400 instead.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($125.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Patriot - Burst 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($36.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $472.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-25 23:06 EDT-0400

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X Heatsink: Gelid Phantom Black GPU: Palit RTX 3060 Ti Dual RAM: Corsair DDR4 2x8GB 3000Mhz mobo: Asus X570-P case: Fractal Design Define C PSU: Superflower Leadex Gold 650W

37 minutes ago, Herman Mcpootis said:

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($309.99 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team - Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2666 Memory  ($125.98 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Patriot - Burst 240GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($36.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $472.96
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-25 23:06 EDT-0400

remember he wants the RGB rams, though you could switch the vulcans for the tridentz and the budget doesn't change that much

13 hours ago, BLLDoesTech said:

Build something like this.....

RGB RAM + RGB SSD

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($312.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Team - T-FORCE DELTA RGB 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $526.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-26 03:13 EDT-0400

4 hours ago, SHROUD said:

Build something like this.....

RGB RAM + RGB SSD

CPU: Intel - Core i7-8700 3.2GHz 6-Core Processor  ($312.00 @ Amazon) 
Memory: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-3000 Memory  ($139.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Team - T-FORCE DELTA RGB 500GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($74.99 @ Amazon) 
Total: $526.98
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-26 03:13 EDT-0400

I like the ram but I am still getting the on-board ADATA SU800, I don't have a place to put the SSD

Systems:

Matrox Mystique

Random PC:                                                         

Graphics Card

MSI 1050 OC

Hyper-X 16GB DDR4

EVGA 750 B2