help finding the right headphone for gaming

Biggerandreas !!N00B!!

hey guys i will already say sorry for my english.

recently my Steelseries Siberia V2 microfone stop working and then i went searching for a new headset, but i really don't understand what to look for or what's better so i need your help.
i are lokking for a headphone for mainly PC gaming and a little bit movies

i manly play fps games like BF4, CS:GO, Arma 3 and others.
i want a headphone there can live op to this requirements:

• around 180-250£(i can go little bit higher if is necessary) for all the gear i need for best audio experience i can get for the money
  • i want to hear enemy footsteps and want explosions to be loud and "good"
  • they need to be comfortable as possible they can be, because i will wear them like 2-6 hours at the time
  • it will be bonus if they are "nice" looking
  • surround sound

i know i can just search on google but, it is better to have open or closed for gaming? 

can also see at the AKG K550 and K701 50% off on amazon is it worth it?

i will buy a microfone separate, but thats another budget

open headphones will be better for the whole pinpointing and directional sound however explosions and that stuff may sound a little better with closed headphones. I recently switched to open headphones for gaming and prefer it. I have the cheaper version of the sennheiser 598 and love them but the 598's fit even below your budget and with a mic would be an awesome setup

CPU: i5 4670k with Noctua C12P-SE14 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 770 SSD: 250gb Samsung EVO MOBO: MSI Z87-G43 RAM: 8GB G-Skill 1600mhz PSU: Antec HCG 620W CASE: Corsair 300R windowed 

open headphones will be better for the whole pinpointing and directional sound however explosions and that stuff may sound a little better with closed headphones. I recently switched to open headphones for gaming and prefer it. I have the cheaper version of the sennheiser 598 and love them but the 598's fit even below your budget and with a mic would be an awesome setup

are there a mix of open and closed? 

are there a mix of open and closed? 

There are semi-open headphones, like DT880, but they leak most of the sound anyway if that's what's worrying you,

edit. I wouldn't buy AKG K701 without trying them first, since they are quite 'acquired'  taste, and most people seem to either love or hate them.

There is always ATH-AD700x/900x which would be great for gaming (they are open though)

Just to add more options, I have also had some nice experiences with the DT990 series. They are quite comfortable to wear.

PC: The Oracle
Phone History: Nokia 3310, Samsung Z500, HTC Touch, iPhone 3GS + Samsung S5600 Preston, iPhone 3GS + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S2 + Samsung Galaxy Tab + Blackberry Bold 9700, Samsung Galaxy S3 + Blackberry Torch 9800, Samsung Galaxy Note 2 + Blackberry Bold 9900 + Blackberry Playbook, Samsung Galaxy Note 2  + Nokia Lumia 920, Galaxy S4 +Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Samsung Galaxy S5

K701 probably is not worth it. I think you need amplification and from the reviews I hear the 701 is picky. Try the AD700X or DT990 for open headphones or DT770 for closed.

Enjoy those tacos now, for in 1000 years they will be illegal... eh Ha Ha Ha! I think we all know why.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give tacos ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Poker 2 KB Review

Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro and Fiio E10. Also most modern games have surround sound option built in...

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

is there not any good looking? i know i cant see them will i wear them but i good looking design will be nice

is there not any good looking? i know i cant see them will i wear them but i good looking design will be nice

Google is a magical thing. Type up "open headphones" have a look at them...

Sponsored by Twitch and DxRacer.

what about the AKG q701?, will this work good for gaming?

Yes, but you'll need a good amp.

Yes, but you'll need a good amp.

ok, can you recommend a AMP?

can i not just use a soundcard?

Edited by Biggerandreas !!N00B!!

ok, can you recommend a AMP?

can i not just use a soundcard?

What's your budget?

Soundcards don'thave the best of amps. You can get the same performance if not better, for less money. There's also a plethora of other problems with sound cards.

What's your budget?

Soundcards don'thave the best of amps. You can get the same performance if not better, for less money. There's also a plethora of other problems with sound cards.

$120-150

Do you have a sound card already? If so you should just use it if there is no static. The q701 are 62 ohms so a sound card if you already have one should be fine. If you don't however, you should look into a FiiO E10 external DAC and AMP. 

I really liked my HD5xx for gaming.

you could look into sennheiser hd558's

they are pretty efficient you shouldn't need anything special to drive them.

Will work for electronic components and parts

Reviews: Meelec CC51P - Monoprice 8323 - Koss Porta Pros  - Shure SRH-440 - Shure SRH-550DJShure SRH-840 - Hifiman He-500 - iBasso D4 - o2 Amplifier  -  SkeletonDac

What's your budget?

around 100-120£ but if it can go cheaper please say :) ,i only have onboard but i will like to have soundcard

i really need to know if the akg Q701 is good because theres not many left and what soundcard/amp do i need to take?

Just thought I'd say for a microphone the Blue Snowball wins hands down ^_^ .

Console optimisations and how they will effect you | The difference between AMD cores and Intel cores | Memory Bus size and how it effects your VRAM usage |
How much vram do you actually need? | APUs and the future of processing | Projects: SO - here

Intel i7 5820l @ with Corsair H110 | 32GB DDR4 RAM @ 1600Mhz | XFX Radeon R9 290 @ 1.2Ghz | Corsair 600Q | Corsair TX650 | Probably too much corsair but meh should have had a Corsair SSD and RAM | 1.3TB HDD Space | Sennheiser HD598 | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro | Blue Snowball

Just thought I'd say for a microphone the Blue Snowball wins hands down ^_^ .

already ordered :) , are there nobody there can help me if i shoud buy the AKG Q701 and what soundcard/AMP

already ordered :) , are there nobody there can help me if i shoud buy the AKG Q701 and what soundcard/AMP

For DAC and AMP I would say FiiO E10 but your onboard might be able to power it depending on what you have. As for if you should buy the Q701, I can't say because I've never tried them. I almost bought them but really wanted closed headphones. I don't think there's anything wrong with them so if you like them, give it a try. I would try those headphones with your onboard first and then buy a dac/amp later if it doesn't get loud enough. 

For DAC and AMP I would say FiiO E10 but your onboard might be able to power it depending on what you have. As for if you should buy the Q701, I can't say because I've never tried them. I almost bought them but really wanted closed headphones. I don't think there's anything wrong with them so if you like them, give it a try. I would try those headphones with your onboard first and then buy a dac/amp later if it doesn't get loud enough. 

but is the soundcard not that there produce sorround sound?

Yeah im pretty sure the Fiio E10 doesnt produce surround sound. I actually did some more reading around other forums and they said the same thing. 

but is the soundcard not that there produce sorround sound?

Kinda lengthy OP sorry in advance!

Some on board sound cards have support for virtual surround sound, so it depends what kind of motherboard you currently have. If you're running one of the newer Gigabyte or MSI "gaming" grade boards, you'll probably have a SoundCore 3D chip from Creative/Sound Blaster in there. I think ASUS is going the same thing but only from their RoG boards starting from Z77 architecture using the SupremeFX chip. Thats not to say other on board soundcards dont support its just a matter of checking. Just double check what on board solution you have right now.

If you're running a modern GIgabyte, MSI, and ASUS board (Haswell and gaming grade for Gigabyte and MSI, RoG and Z77+ for ASUS although im not sure about X79):

- You probably won't need a new sound card

- they more than likely support virtual surround sound

- If you're so inclined on getting a soundcard despite that the only recommendation would be something along the Creative ZxR or Xonar STX.

If you're not running any of those

- Check the manufacturers website to see what sound card they have

- Check the sound card manufacturers website to see if they support virtual surround

- ALSO check if the sound card has a good amp cause that may be an issue 

As for your headphones. I can't really say anything about the AKG Q701 other than it was a headphone i was considering getting before i bought my DT990 Pro 250 Ohm and apparently it has a higher impedance than AKG lead on. Also the headband is very easily love it or hate it experience.

What i would recommend would be a Creative ZxR or Zx since they both come with an ACM (Audio Control Module) where it is just a little extension, so to speak, that sits on your desk that connects directly to your sound card via 3.5mm or quarter inch plugs depending on what you want. The ACM also comes with a fairly decent microphone so you can save some cash there. Xonar STX would be an excellent option as well, just keep in mind that you'll probably have to buy a separate microphone. For headphones, Q701 are a good option. My only experience would be the DT990 Pro, but they are no near as stylish as the Q701's especially that white one.

i7-2600K | ASRock Z77 Pro4 | ASUS 980 Ti Hybrid | Kingston 4x 4GB | EVGA Supernova 750 G2 Phantek Enthoo Luxe

Creative X7 Limited | 1TB WD Blue | 2TB WD Green | 256GB Liteon SSD | 240GB Kingston SSD | Corsair H100i

Logitech G502 Proteus Core | Logitech G710+ | LG 34UM65 | LG 27EA31V - B | AKG K7XX Massdrop | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit