Help in storage upgrade for hdd

naokuronao

Hello, I'm right now almost at my limit capacity for my seagate 3tb hard drive and I'm thinking of upgrading my hard drive. I'm also noticing a lot of failure where some of my data is starting to be missing so its a bit of urgent situation. 

I'm thinking of buying an 8tb hard drive since I'm quite the data hoarder but I store a lot of data for video editing purposes. I did a bit of research and saw HGST has the most reliable hard drive but I also heard its pretty noisy apparently. The one I am referring to is the HGST deskstar hard drives. I also saw WD black and the Seagate barracuda pro hard drives but sadly in my area they do not have the bigger capacity available at the moment.

Would the HGST harddrive drive be okay to use inside a desktop pc? Otherwise can you recommend me an hard drive. Thank you!

Get a WD red or gold if you want better reliability.

They are quieter than black too.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020