Network monitoring tool

Hi, I'm looking for a network monitoring tool that gives me an entire layout of my network, the devices connected (access points, phones, pc), their ip addresses, etc. I don't mind a piece of hardware thats connected to my router (although i prefer software)

thanks

1 hour ago, Assfault said:

Hi, I'm looking for a network monitoring tool that gives me an entire layout of my network, the devices connected (access points, phones, pc), their ip addresses, etc. I don't mind a piece of hardware thats connected to my router (although i prefer software)

thanks

Are you looking for a monitoring tool or a mapping tool? By your description I can't figure out which one you want.

Any budget or free?  I'm not aware of any topology discovering open source tools.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C 

What's the scale of your network?

DISCLAIMER 

Everything i say is my own opinion. So if you disagree with what I post, you are wrong. 

16 hours ago, Levisallanon said:

Are you looking for a monitoring tool or a mapping tool? By your description I can't figure out which one you want.

monitoring tool 

15 hours ago, beersykins said:

Any budget or free?  I'm not aware of any topology discovering open source tools.

i dont have a budget in mind really, depends on how good the software is

6 minutes ago, Assfault said:

i dont have a budget in mind really, depends on how good the software is

Usually those are high dollar asks, indicating a use pattern usually helps against that since I don't assume you want to make it rain with a few thousand dollars for EMC Ionix/smarts, HP NNMi or similar topology-aware enterprise solutions.

There's some plugins for Nagios like Hypermap but I haven't used any of those, if you already had an open source monitoring solution in mind like nagios or zabbix there's probably some sort of quick/easy topology mapping plugin.  If your environment is pretty small it's really on the edge of 'just make the diagram' or 'waste an equivalent amount of time researching auto topology platforms'.

PC : 3600 · Crosshair VI WiFi · 2x16GB RGB 3200 · 1080Ti SC2 · 1TB WD SN750 · EVGA 1600G2 · Define C