Computer sudden lag spikes and monitor flashing

jonobang

So i literally just fixed my cpu cooler, things ran great for a couple days and now im getting an issue where my monitor will start flashing and my whole pc will freeze up and lag, aaand then goes back to normal for a bit and then does it again at random intervals. Im stumped on this one but i have a feeling that it is the HD, because everything else is getting power and running away optimal temps. And ideas? 

PC Specs-

GPU- Sapphire R9 390 Nitro | CPU- Intel Core i7-2600 3.4 GHz | RAM- 12 Gigs of DDR3 Ram | PSU- 850 W Gold rated EVGA Power Supply | Motherboard- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | OS- Windows 10 Home

Can you provide more details ?

Please quote or tag me @Void Master,so i can see your reply.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

Don't kick a player unless they willingly want to ruin your experience.

We are the gamer community, we should take care of each other !

9 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Can you provide more details ?

Will i did a windows diagnostic on my harddrive and it stated it had errors, let it run its repair on restart aaand it said it couldn't fix it, aaand as far as the flashing goes not much more detail to tell there, it flashes as in going quickly to black and back to normal display repetitively and at random, and while it flashes the whole computer locks up and then suddenly reverts to a normal state. 

PC Specs-

GPU- Sapphire R9 390 Nitro | CPU- Intel Core i7-2600 3.4 GHz | RAM- 12 Gigs of DDR3 Ram | PSU- 850 W Gold rated EVGA Power Supply | Motherboard- Asrock Z77 Extreme4 | OS- Windows 10 Home

And i know it's not a ram issue because i just got brand new ram not too long ago

PC Specs-

Get an SSD it will fix your problems .

this issue is normal with dying or old HDDs.

Everyone was a noob at the beginning, don't be discouraged by toxic trolls even if u lose 15 times in a row. Keep training and pushing yourself further and further, so u can show those sorry lots how it's done !

Be a supportive player, and make sure to reflect a good image of the game community you are a part of. 

1 minute ago, jonobang said:

And i know it's not a ram issue because i just got brand new ram not too long ago

Run memtest from a USB stick to be sure.

11 minutes ago, Void Master said:

Get an SSD it will fix your problems .

this issue is normal with dying or old HDDs.

This makes sense, ive held onto this old harddrive for probably over 6 years, i had a feeling it was the harddrive. Is a ssd really worth it though? I know their fast but they have a limited write cycle and i install and install often with gaming. 

PC Specs-

This makes sense, ive held onto this old harddrive for probably over 6 years, i had a feeling it was the harddrive. Is a ssd really worth it though? I know their fast but they have a limited write cycle and i install and install often with gaming. 

If you are a normal user it is almost impossible to finish the SSD's write cycles within the warranty.

Do not worry SSDs last 10+ years

Get a crucial MX 500 and a new HDD (I prefer a WD blue 1tb ,you can get more if you need)  and back up your data.

That will do the job.

SSDs are better , the system will be much more responsive and will last longer.

SSDs are not only for gaming . They is much better in almost everything (except price)

1 minute ago, Void Master said:

Get a crucial MX 500 and a new HDD (I prefer a WD blue 1tb ,you can get more if you need)  and back up your data.

That will do the job.

SSDs are better , the system will be much more responsive and will last longer.

SSDs are not only for gaming . They is much better in almost everything (except price)

Well i figure if I'm relaxing i might as well upgrade, i have a tb wd blue right now i was thinking of going for a 4 tb wd black harddrive

PC Specs-

Well i figure if I'm relaxing i might as well upgrade, i have a tb wd blue right now i was thinking of going for a 4 tb wd black harddrive

good idea !

your system will be much better !

13 minutes ago, Void Master said:

good idea !

your system will be much better !

Sadly that also means i will have to buy an operating system x.x lol expenses expenses... this computer is becoming a project car lol

PC Specs-

Just now, jonobang said:

Sadly that also means i will have to buy an operating system x.x lol expenses expenses... this computer is becoming a project car lol

No,

Just use your Microsoft account

Your windows activation is tied to your Microsoft account.

UGH, problem persists, just installed the new SSD which should have been the only thing causing the issue and i still get monitor flashing and lag spikes, not nearly as severe as before but still as consistent, any other suggestions? I am possibly thinking it is a RAM issue at this point but it worked fine up until i installed my new CPU cooler so i dont know why ram (which is still new) could suddenly be an issue now?

PC Specs-

im thinking maybe i might have bumped it when installing the cooler possibly? but they seemed pretty secure so i dunno.

PC Specs-

update, windows makes a detection sound like when plugging something into usb and then the disconnection sound when it flashes and lags...?

PC Specs-