Potential Bottleneck in my first build? Need some advice!

eth_jones

@eth_jones I would recommend you get a case that has better airflow then, since without both intake and exhaust fans, the air can stagnate, causing higher temps.

@TopHatProductions115 @Cinnabar Sonar thanks guys. Just remounted my cpu from scratch with the paste etc again to see if it makes any difference. Looked into measurements for the cooler that you recommended but its too tall for my case... will look for a smaller on but are there any that you would personally recommend? Cant really afford a new case and coooler right now haha.

Will limit the cpu and run the tests again tomorrow also, will keep you posted!

CPU: i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz || MoBo: Asus H81M-C || RAM: 16gb Kingston HyperX Blue || Cooler: Stock intel cooler || GPU: Palit GTX 1050 || PSU: Can't remember exactly but know it meets the needs of my components || Case: White Falcon Case || SSD: Kingston 120GB || Storage: WD Blue 1TB

@TopHatProductions115 @Cinnabar Sonar whilst remounting i vacuumed the system especially the heatsink. I also changed the fan speed in the bios to turbo. Fan is ridiculously loud now lol but i am able to play fortnite at 80fps consistently on epic settings.

Cpu is about 60% and about 40% utilisation.... gpu is still at 99% though.

Maybe short term it just needed a clean haha.

CPU: i5-4690K @ 3.5GHz || MoBo: Asus H81M-C || RAM: 16gb Kingston HyperX Blue || Cooler: Stock intel cooler || GPU: Palit GTX 1050 || PSU: Can't remember exactly but know it meets the needs of my components || Case: White Falcon Case || SSD: Kingston 120GB || Storage: WD Blue 1TB

Aaaaaaand now we are back to 100c and 80% cpu again.... Man why did i ever wanna switch to pc gaming?? Ahahaha jokes

Will keep looking for a cooler

3 hours ago, eth_jones said:

Looked into measurements for the cooler that you recommended but its too tall for my case... will look for a smaller on but are there any that you would personally recommend?

Here's a low profile cooler.

https://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-RR-212E-20PK-R2-Direct-Contact/dp/B005O65JXI?th=1&psc=1

Just make sure that the RAM has enough clearance. 

Some RAM have tall heatspreaders making it hard, or impossible to install this cooler.

Since the fins hang over the RAM.

Also, needless to say, the RAM isn't going to be easy to replace with this cooler on.

Or alternatively. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cooler-Master-Heatpipes-Connector-RR-TX3E-22PK-R1/dp/B005HIRDUA

This is a smaller variant, (92mm fan instead of a 120mm fan) less heatpipes, and an overall smaller cooler means that this will perform worse than the 212 evo, but that's the name of the game.