school adivice for IT support

patriciadiaz1919

I want a low level job as I am ready Computer technician i do more work experience then school still trying to get degree Computer Repair Technician-Certificate school  and  CompTIA A+ and ifix pro certification

what types of jobs can i do by those  things or this just freelance computer repair person that what mostly i do often with other electronics?

I want this type of job Desktop support technician or Help desk technician what college degree do i need or certification's for it as school only giving   simple certification's or computer science degree?

not sure can i avoid the long 2-4 year bachelor’s degree?

Apply at your school IT support, usually they hiring new cheap staff and student is greats for them. You can earn some good experiences and work after you graduate. This is depend if you have school IT in house. 

Magical Pineapples

1 hour ago, EMC said:

Apply at your school IT support, usually they hiring new cheap staff and student is greats for them. You can earn some good experiences and work after you graduate. This is depend if you have school IT in house. 

dont i need degree for that and letter reccomanition and years experience of working support desk

they ask me this?

1. * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
    • college "careers" website
    • Internal posting
    • Monster
    • Careerbuilder
    • Inside Higher Ed
    • Higher Ed jobs
    • HACU
    • newspaper/trade journal
    • LinkedIn
  2. * What is the highest degree completed?
    • H.S. Diploma
    • Associates
    • Bachelors
    • Masters
    • PhD

Applicant Documents

Required Documents
  1. Resume
  2. Cover Letter
Optional Documents
  1. Transcripts
  2. Letters of Recommendation
  3. Curriculum Vitae
  4. Other

No you shouldn't.  Help desk is an entry level position perfectly suited for recent A+ certificate holders or a 2yr associates.

I don't know how old you are but I'd go for a 2yr associates in electronics and computer networking and apply to the railway.  PTC implementation will create thousands of high paying repair technician jobs across North America.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

4 hours ago, patriciadiaz1919 said:

dont i need degree for that and letter reccomanition and years experience of working support desk

they ask me this?

1. * How did you learn about this employment opportunity?
    • college "careers" website
    • Internal posting
    • Monster
    • Careerbuilder
    • Inside Higher Ed
    • Higher Ed jobs
    • HACU
    • newspaper/trade journal
    • LinkedIn
  2. * What is the highest degree completed?
    • H.S. Diploma
    • Associates
    • Bachelors
    • Masters
    • PhD

Applicant Documents

Required Documents
  1. Resume
  2. Cover Letter
Optional Documents
  1. Transcripts
  2. Letters of Recommendation
  3. Curriculum Vitae
  4. Other

I mean I did provide with me a basic cover sheets(mostly volunteering shit back then) and told what area I know about. No degrees or recommendation, I just found my head of IT and talk to him about it and he was hiring later that semester and keep me in mind.  IMO, it really depends what school, my school wasn't small either, it just probs no ones wanted to work their. It was basically paid experiences even if I don't study It later in life it just a technically a job.

Magical Pineapples

21 hours ago, Yoinkerman said:

No you shouldn't.  Help desk is an entry level position perfectly suited for recent A+ certificate holders or a 2yr associates.

I don't know how old you are but I'd go for a 2yr associates in electronics and computer networking and apply to the railway.  PTC implementation will create thousands of high paying repair technician jobs across North America.

associates in electronics and computer networking  does my school even haves it?

school degree.PNG

Take your time researching this. 

some things you may want to just cert in instead of degree . A+ - Network+ etc should just be buy book study it and pass tests /get certs 

I have a really hard time recommending Standard IT to young people because its a dying field for the most part. 

Having qualifications in various code and server application is likely going to do you better in the long run. 

If you feel you must do college dont do something silly like a half ass technical college like CDI or what ever it wont help you later. 

Experience is a problem that you won't solve easy in the current Standard IT field and i feel by the time you have 10 year you may be looking at a new career path. 

Asrock X670E Steel Legend - AMD 7600X(5.5Ghz) -  XFX Speedster-Zero EKWB Edition 6900XTXH 

-32GB Kingston Fury Beast 6000mhz DDR5 - WB Black 1 & 2 TB NVME -EVGA 1300W G2

Full loop 2x480mm XSPC RX Rads / Thermaltake Pacific W8 Block

Are you in school right now? for what degree?

Honestly, I found it pretty tough to get an interview with my college's IT staff because I didn't have a certification or AS or anything even though I had experience working IT for my high school. You should go in for CompTIA A+ because that will at least get you an interview for the kind of position you are looking for.

Honestly though, for school you should get your degree in whatever you are most passionate about. And sometimes, you don't even need a degree to make your passions happen. There are other options.

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018