best g sync monitor with 144hz or 240hz 1ms

hi im looking to get a g sync monitor, but i dont know which one to go for i either want a 144hz monitor with 1ms gsync or 240hz 1ms gsync, i currently have a aoc 144hz 1ms monitor but it doesnt have gsync its just LED. so i was wondering if you can post some amazon links here on the best gsync monitors

7 minutes ago, sideqcktv said:

hi im looking to get a g sync monitor, but i dont know which one to go for i either want a 144hz monitor with 1ms gsync or 240hz 1ms gsync, i currently have a aoc 144hz 1ms monitor but it doesnt have gsync its just LED. so i was wondering if you can post some amazon links here on the best gsync monitors

G-sync is a waste of money

Did you mean you had a 1080p 144hz display and wanted a 1440p 144hz display?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

160 and 180hz work as well just need a good gsync dont want to buy one thats terrible i know the 

ASUS ROG Swift PG258Q is really good but its 500 so i was looking for 300-400

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

G-sync is a waste of money

Did you mean you had a 1080p 144hz display and wanted a 1440p 144hz display?

now i dont mind 1440p, i prefer 24 inch and g sync makes the games smoother which makes it better then a reg 144hz display

4 minutes ago, sideqcktv said:

now i dont mind 1440p, i prefer 24 inch and g sync makes the games smoother which makes it better then a reg 144hz display

It's unlikely to be a major difference, G-sync just eliminates screen tearing, do you have problems with screen tearing on your current display?

If you want actually smoother go for a 240hz display, though it's more questionably smoother at that point...

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

It's unlikely to be a major difference, G-sync just eliminates screen tearing, do you have problems with screen tearing on your current display?

If you want actually smoother go for a 240hz display, though it's more questionably smoother at that point...

I have no clue if I have screen tearing or not 

6 minutes ago, sideqcktv said:

I have no clue if I have screen tearing or not 

Then why do you want G-sync? all adaptive sync does is fix screen tearing issues. If you don't even notice screen tearing or don't have massive fps drops like I don't then there's no real point to it.

You could try running the wind mill demo for an example of screen tearing. Not sure if it works on nvidia GPUs...
https://mega.nz/#!Fvg3SK6a!Dn8-eAVnLFLFb5wc7jYUziZJX6dx5S0MSlS1yU8aqVU

What's your CPU and GPU anyways? And what games do you play?

You can just set your monitor to like 100hz and then enable nvidia's fast sync to do the same thing G-sync does, but you have to stay above 100fps for it to work then, any type of sync tech adds a small amount of latency as well I think, not that it would be noticeable.

This is free-sync but the principals are the same.

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then why do you want G-sync? all adaptive sync does is fix screen tearing issues. If you don't even notice screen tearing or don't have massive fps drops like I don't then there's no real point to it.

You could try running the wind mill demo for an example of screen tearing. Not sure if it works on nvidia GPUs...
https://mega.nz/#!Fvg3SK6a!Dn8-eAVnLFLFb5wc7jYUziZJX6dx5S0MSlS1yU8aqVU

What's your CPU and GPU anyways? And what games do you play?

You can just set your monitor to like 100hz and then enable nvidia's fast sync to do the same thing G-sync does, but you have to stay above 100fps for it to work then, any type of sync tech adds a small amount of latency as well I think, not that it would be noticeable.

This is free-sync but the principals are the same.

I have msi duke 1080 ocd and i5 7600k ocd to 4.8 and I play fortnite overwatch and csgo 

3 minutes ago, sideqcktv said:

I have msi duke 1080 ocd and i5 7600k ocd to 4.8 and I play fortnite overwatch and csgo 

If you mostly play fps games a 240hz display is likely better than a 1440p 144hz display if you want something smoother, though it's really not going to be too big of a difference from 144hz. Also your CPU might be a bit of a bottleneck for 240hz gaming, if you wanted to absolute best there you'd want to wait for the 9th generation of chips to change it.

Of course the free-sync equivilant is still way cheaper than the lowest priced G-sync one. Pretty sure Newegg Business isn't any different than normal newegg when it comes to ordering stuff.

Which is why as I said above "G-sync is always a waste of money"

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fct8xG
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fct8xG/by_merchant/

Monitor: AOC - AG251FZ 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz Monitor  ($329.99 @ Newegg Business)
Monitor: ViewSonic - XG2560 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz Monitor  ($453.73 @ Amazon)
Total: $783.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-17 23:43 EDT-0400

Spoiler

9 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

If you mostly play fps games a 240hz display is likely better than a 1440p 144hz display if you want something smoother, though it's really not going to be too big of a difference from 144hz. Also your CPU might be a bit of a bottleneck for 240hz gaming, if you wanted to absolute best there you'd want to wait for the 9th generation of chips to change it.

Of course the free-sync equivilant is still way cheaper than the lowest priced G-sync one. Pretty sure Newegg Business isn't any different than normal newegg when it comes to ordering stuff.

Which is why as I said above "G-sync is always a waste of money"

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fct8xG
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Fct8xG/by_merchant/

Monitor: AOC - AG251FZ 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz Monitor  ($329.99 @ Newegg Business)
Monitor: ViewSonic - XG2560 24.5" 1920x1080 240Hz Monitor  ($453.73 @ Amazon)
Total: $783.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2018-09-17 23:43 EDT-0400

I heard freesync is bad for nvidia series cards 

Just now, sideqcktv said:

I heard freesync is bad for nvidia series cards 

No...it works perfectly fine as a monitor you just don't get adaptive sync, and it sounds like you wouldn't even care about adaptive sync, so probably save the $100 or so with the free-sync display weather it be 1440p 144hz or 1080p 240hz

Spoiler

22 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

No...it works perfectly fine as a monitor you just don't get adaptive sync, and it sounds like you wouldn't even care about adaptive sync, so probably save the $100 or so with the free-sync display weather it be 1440p 144hz or 1080p 240hz

Overwatch usually stays around 200 fortnite 100-260 csgo 200+

10 minutes ago, sideqcktv said:

Overwatch usually stays around 200 fortnite 100-260 csgo 200+

Overwatch has a 200fps limit, probably just try the cheaper 240hz display, can always return it if it's not a huge difference

Spoiler