Prefitted IO Shield in a custom wooden case

I apologise if this has been already asked, but please bear with me, I am a newbie to PC case design. 

I am building a PC case in wood. The motherboard I am using will be the Asus x470 Rog Strix Gaming-F motherboard. It comes with a prefitted IO shied.I have searched to find the sizes of the IO shied cutout and most of them show the cutout to start from lower than the motherboard, like this: io-placement-jpg.44820

I realise this might be how it works for seperate IO shields. I also know the motherboard will fit into the standard cut-outs. But I find that this prefitted IO starts right at the level of the motherboard, and not below it. So, if I do a standard cut-out, will I find a gap in the bottom of 6.35mm? I mean, should I change the cut-out size for the motherboard? Anyone has worked with these preinstalled IO shields? I am attaching an image that shows the IO shield. Thanks!

5b9cd2b87a445_IOShield.jpg.6911700ff15d2db42d481fd0bb51cfcc.jpg

I would honestly get a cheap random io sheild off eBay and make your cutout around a physical sample.

Make the cutout smaller. It is easy to widen it afterwards, but not to make it smaller.

If you already have the motherboard on hand, measure it exactly, and there shouldn't be a problem.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

That's an option Mooshi, but that wouldn't tell me if the gap in the bottom would be visible. :) I am trying to get it as good as possible.

G27Racer_188, I am furniture designer and outsource the prototyping. So then, I will have to depend on the external team to make this change happen. Therefore, I am trying to minimise changes, in case if anyone has some information on this. :) And, no, I don't have the mobo in hand. When I do, I would like to have the case ready too, to be installed, thereby reducing risk of damage during storage of the mobo during the fabrication/finishing of the case. 

5 minutes ago, Shoshin Sam said:

That's an option Mooshi, but that wouldn't tell me if the gap in the bottom would be visible. :) I am trying to get it as good as possible.

G27Racer_188, I am furniture designer and outsource the prototyping. So then, I will have to depend on the external team to make this change happen. Therefore, I am trying to minimise changes, in case if anyone has some information on this. :)

Well, you are making it out of wood, so it would only take few minutes of filing to tweak it, probably something you could do yourself. 

Anyways, I would gladly provide you with exact measures, but unfortunately I do not have a motherboard with integrated shield. Maybe some other forum member who has one will respond.

CPU: i7 3770K | MB: EVGA Z77 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2400Mhz 16GB | GPU: R9 280X Toxic | Cooler: Scythe Fuma | PSU: CoolerMaster B600

SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 500GB - Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB

1 hour ago, G27Racer_188 said:

Anyways, I would gladly provide you with exact measures, but unfortunately I do not have a motherboard with integrated shield. Maybe some other forum member who has one will respond.

Thanks, G27Racer! Maybe, someone will. 

Just to share with you, the reason for not want to tweak it later: I would like the wooden edges (at the opening) to be sanded well and sealer sprayed, with PU or polycoat finish on it, as will be rest of the case, with a brushed stainless steel trim at the edge. :)