What Motherboard manufacturer is the best

So i'm searching for a B450 motherboard but i don't know from which manufacturer i should buy.

6 minutes ago, VegetableStu said:

if you've heard of them then you should do fine

(although TIL Colorful sells motherboards in my area o_o)

sorry you probably misunderstood me (my fault) i meant from which manufacturer should i buy like Asus or MSI or asrock 

Just now, VegetableStu said:

yeah that's what I initially meant o_o I completely forgot about the B450 VRM misrepresentation thing though. looking it up now

ok :P

5 minutes ago, TheOnlyXenoT_T said:

sorry you probably misunderstood me (my fault) i ment from which manufacturer should i buy like Asus or MSI or asrock 

There's no concrete answer because there's varying quality within brands. It's more useful to look up motherboards with features you need and read individual reviews. 

For example, ASUS are cutting edge hardware makers with many exceptional products, but their TUF lineup is really crap. Their customer service also blows.

EVGA suffers similarly.

MSI is one of the most ubiquitous brands, but for the price, their quality us lacking.

ASRock just blows. They make cheap stuff that breaks easy and their customer support can't do squat.

Gigabyte is like the good version of ASRock. Their stuff is cheap but it's also good. While not high performance, it is reliable.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Just now, Adarsh Singh said:

Depends on what you want in a motherboard.

probably good Overclocking because i want the best of my pc 

Just now, fasauceome said:

There's no concrete answer because there's varying quality within brands. It's more useful to look up motherboards with features you need and read individual reviews. 

For example, ASUS are cutting edge hardware makers with many exceptional products, but their TUF lineup is really crap. Their customer service also blows.

EVGA suffers similarly.

MSI is one of the most ubiquitous brands, but for the price, their quality us lacking.

ASRock just blows. They make cheap stuff that breaks easy and their customer support can't do squat.

Gigabyte is like the good version of ASRock. Their stuff is cheap but it's also good. While not high performance, it is reliable.

So it is either ASUS or Gigabyte ?

Just now, TheOnlyXenoT_T said:

So it is either ASUS or Gigabyte ?

I guess. If you want really high performance, get Asus or EVGA, if you want to be sure it works right, gigabyte is recommended.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I guess. If you want really high performance, get Asus or EVGA, if you want to be sure it works right, gigabyte is recommended.

Ok thanks ;P

2 minutes ago, TheOnlyXenoT_T said:

probably good Overclocking because i want the best of my pc 

Then check the quality and number of VRMs on the board you are planning to buy.
If you want the best of your PC so I'll assume that you'll be overclocked all the time. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT, especially with ryzen, unless you're an absolute madlad or just stupid or just filthy rich.

Also, overclocking isn't always great. You might want to spend your money on a thing that is more useful than getting 3 extra frames in a game.

I recommend going for a B350 with faster RAM. Or a better SSD. Or a better GPU.

Just now, Adarsh Singh said:

Then check the quality and number of VRMs on the board you are planning to buy.
If you want the best of your PC so I'll assume that you'll be overclocked all the time. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THAT, especially with ryzen, unless you're an absolute madlad or just stupid or just filthy rich.

Also, overclocking isn't always great. You might want to spend your money on a thing that is more useful than getting 3 extra frames in a game.

I recommend going for a B350 with faster RAM. Or a better SSD. Or a better GPU.

oh then i atleast want to try OC and see how it is 

1 minute ago, VegetableStu said:

are you looking for an ATX system or an ITX system? o_o

if you're going to OC on Ryzen APUs: anything with a dual-phase VRM (or more??) for the SoC (this is a lot of looking up. sorry ,_,)

otherwise in general: read the spec PDFs of the motherboards you're looking at and see if it has the connections you need.

might want to avoid Gigabyte for B450 overclocking though ._.

sadly the only ITX B450 OC boards worth buying is from ASRock ._.

(I'm going off by skimming from Buildzoid's videos on B450, so...)

ATX so i just want a good motherboard in general

1 minute ago, TheOnlyXenoT_T said:

oh then i atleast want to try OC and see how it is 

It is not as glorious as it sounds.

Ryzen CPUs are beasts they heat like a furnace when overclocked.

Go OC if you have the right cooling solutions, PSU, etc.

Staying at stock speeds and investing in other more useful things is your best bet if you want the best of your money.

But that's not the point of the post so I'll stick to the topic. Just check online reviews and the quality + the number of VRMs is what matters.

Also check if the VRMs have some cooling system (which is likely to be a long copper heatpipe) 

1 minute ago, Adarsh Singh said:

It is not as glorious as it sounds.

Ryzen CPUs are beasts they heat like a furnace when overclocked.

Go OC if you have the right cooling solutions, PSU, etc.

Staying at stock speeds and investing in other more useful things is your best bet if you want the best of your money.

But that's not the point of the post so I'll stick to the topic. Just check online reviews and the quality + the number of VRMs is what matters.

Also check if the VRMs have some cooling system (which is likely to be a long copper heatpipe) 

Are intel CPU better at OC ? just a question and alright can you recommend me B450 mobo ? just a good one i don't need fancy RGB or AMAZING vrm's

Just a good mobo :D

25 minutes ago, fasauceome said:

Unless we're talking Gigabyte Aorus, right? Aorus motherboards are levels beyond the motherboards who use the normal Gigabyte moniker.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

5 minutes ago, seoz said:

Unless we're talking Gigabyte Aorus, right? Aorus motherboards are levels beyond the motherboards who use the normal Gigabyte moniker.

So what about the ASUS prime b450 Plus ?

41 minutes ago, seoz said:

Asus Prime boards are super weak at power delivery, don't expect to overclock a lot on it.

ok aside the overclocking potential is it good ?

Just now, TheOnlyXenoT_T said:

ok aside the overclocking potential is it good ?

As a budget option, I suppose it is. The build quality is a little shoddy and it's pretty barebones, but for the price, it's alright.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches

1 hour ago, TheOnlyXenoT_T said:

I used one of those boards in a build. Solid and user friendly.

Primary PC:

2 minutes ago, seoz said:

As a budget option, I suppose it is. The build quality is a little shoddy and it's pretty barebones, but for the price, it's alright.

what about the MSI b450 tomahawk ?

1 hour ago, VegetableStu said:

are you looking for an ATX system or an ITX system? o_o

if you're going to OC on Ryzen APUs: anything with a dual-phase VRM (or more??) for the SoC (this is a lot of looking up. sorry ,_,)

otherwise in general: read the spec PDFs of the motherboards you're looking at and see if it has the connections you need.

might want to avoid Gigabyte for B450 overclocking though ._.

sadly the only ITX B450 OC boards worth buying is from ASRock ._.

(I'm going off by skimming from Buildzoid's videos on B450, so...)

There's a motherboard from Biostar, which seems to be a bit up and coming in the performance space, they make a neat little x370 it board that works pretty nice

Primary PC:

There's a motherboard from Biostar, which seems to be a bit up and coming in the performance space, they make a neat little x370 it board that works pretty nice

link ?