Please help me beat Windows 10 into submission

What do I do? This folder needs to go.

Cut and paste doesn't work, nor does deleting its parent folders or trying to change their security settings.

*Note: it's not actually a floppy disk drive, it's detected wrong. It's a WD Gold HDD. I don't think that has anything to do with this issue, because every other file on there is fine.

ffs.gif.e1e44c364c5b5cc08de4d025a21a3cb5.gif

Start > Run > msconfig

Boot tab > select safe boot > restart PC

delete folder

Start > Run > msconfig

Boot tab > deselect safe boot > restart PC

I expect this will do it. First chance you get change that drive letter. You should not use A: for a HDD.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

That did it, thanks. Why shouldn't I use A: for a hard drive? I've never had any issues with it before. I just recently reinstalled Windows.

Well it is probably getting safer to use it but because A: was always the floppy drive many applications would treat it differently. I just think better safe than sorry.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

4 hours ago, BecauseICanTBH said:

What do I do? This folder needs to go.

Cut and paste doesn't work, nor does deleting its parent folders or trying to change their security settings.

Well you are not fitting against Windows 10, you are fighting against iTunes that is still running its service on the back, locking that folder, telling Windows "Wait, still being used!"

*Note: it's not actually a floppy disk drive, it's detected wrong. It's a WD Gold HDD. I don't think that has anything to do with this issue, because every other file on there is fine.

You can call your drive any drive letter you want. Windows does nothing special.It's just that due to historical reasons, Windows main drive letter starts at C:\, and so any other drive letter follows the last unused letter. So, anything you connect will be your D:\ drive, or E:\, if D:\ is used already, and so on.