PS4 Emulator

Hey Guys,

If I was (hypothetically) interested in playing the new spooderman game but was too much of a PC GOD to actually own/buy a ps4, would any of you give me an emulator that works?

Cheers

Spider Parker - I mean Peter Man

I don't think anything is available yet.  True emulation can cause anywhere from a 10 to 100x performance hit, and while the PS4 is similar enough to PCs that it should be on the lower end of that range at worst in theory, that's still more than even the best PCs are going to be able to do well.  That's ignoring the difficulty in actually creating the software, performance be damned.  Finally, even if you do get one, you'll probably still be bound to the same experience in terms of graphics, resolution, and framerate anyway, so it won't exactly be hugely impactful.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

IIRC emulation is against policy.

Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.9 Ghz  | Gigabyte AB350M Gaming 3 |  PaliT GTX 1050Ti  |  8gb Kingston HyperX Fury @ 2933 Mhz  |  Corsair CX550m  |  1 TB WD Blue HDD

Inside some old case I found lying around.

27 minutes ago, willnburger said:

new spooderman game but was too much of a PC GOD to actually own/buy a ps4, would any of you give me an emulator that works

its wait and wait

until PC version comes out....zzzzz or

PS4 emulator starts to mature ZZZZZZ (PS3 emu took 10+ yrs still not widely playable)

Eventough the PS4 is built on a similar architecture as PC, the emulator might take a pretty long while still. 

Imo if you want the new Spiderman, get a PS4. It's the only option right now.

giphy.gif

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

As a follow-up, I'll say this:  A good product will sell on its own merits.  If a company has to resort to making exclusivity deals that hold other products hostage in order to get you to buy theirs, then you should not support them or anyone who's agreed to go along with it.  Otherwise, it just sends the message that you find that acceptable and are willing to repeat similar behaviour in the future.  If you don't want to buy a PS4 and would rather not game on it, then don't.  That might mean you miss out on some games for now, but if enough people were willing to stand up, maybe exclusives would stop being a thing.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

7 hours ago, bleedblue said:

IIRC emulation is against policy.

7 hours ago, dieegoperi said:

Hmmm more or less:

Emulation has always been a bit of a grey area legally. In general we have no issue with discussion of game emulation, provided the discussion doesn't touch on how to illegally obtain copies of the game software or the console BIOS etc.

"Be excellent to each other" - Bill and Ted
Community Standards | Guides & Tutorials | Members of Staff

7 hours ago, dgsddfgdfhgs said:

its wait and wait

until PC version comes out....zzzzz or

PS4 emulator starts to mature ZZZZZZ (PS3 emu took 10+ yrs still not widely playable)

Original Xbox emulator is finally getting playable. 

On 9/11/2018 at 4:17 PM, keananpillay said:

Try PCSX4

Have you tried it? Can you assure it's not a malware/miner or a way of making money by the website owners, let alone a playable emulator?? They ask you to complete a survey before allowing you to download.

On 9/13/2018 at 11:40 AM, tukykarmakar said:

Have you tried it? Can you assure it's not a malware/miner or a way of making money by the website owners, let alone a playable emulator?? They ask you to complete a survey before allowing you to download.

https://www.reddit.com/r/emulation/comments/6049ot/is_pcsx4_fake/?utm_source=BD&utm_medium=Search&utm_name=Bing&utm_content=PSR1