Qualcomm Announces New SnapDragon Wear 3100 for Wear OS by Google

Sniperfox47
37 minutes ago, Sniperfox47 said:

Like I said, it may not be an issue for some people, but for my work situation it definitely is. Or take the scenario where you're at your desk using a mouse, how do you simultaneously continue to move your mouse while also twisting your wrist to look at the time?

I look at the clock on my computer.

I've never had that issue with a digital sports watch prior to my smartwatch, I never had that issue with my Pebble, and I never had that issue with my Huawei Watch, or Huawei Watch 2, that's why the change was incredibly jarring for me. I rely on timers and time checking pretty regularly and use my hands constantly at work, so extra gestures I need to take to get the time to show up is a really big issue for me.

If looking at a watch is too difficult, perhaps get a clock?

On Android Wear you can turn of notification peek and turn on wrist gestures and then you can just get a vibration and check your last notification with a flick of the wrist so it's really not much different.

Thats the same as Apples implementation but more steps. 

But ultimately this thread is about the SoC, and none of these features are SoC differences between the platforms, so maybe we should wrap it back onto topic?

Sure, and your statement earlier about the previous A& was fine, but Apple is tetchy when it comes to copyrights.