Do I need to buy an certain ssd for my gaming PC

Hello, today I would like some help on figuring out if I need to get a certain SSD for my gaming PC or if any good SSD would work.

My budget is currently $150 for a good 250gb-500gb SSD this is my pc https://www.bestbuy.com/site/ibuypower-desktop-amd-fx-series-8gb-memory-nvidia-geforce-gtx-1060-1tb-hard-drive-black-red/5600304.p?skuId=5600304

just let me know if I do need to find a certain SSD or not would be fine but if you could find a good one in that range that would work with my Pc that would also help. 

Thank you

:3

You can get a 500gb SSD for less than $100. Any will do, if you get a SATA SSD, which is the interface you use to plug it into your PC. I assumed you did not j ow that, judging by the nature of your question.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

Samsung, Crucial, SanDisk, Goodram IRDM, Adata (at least some models) are known and good imo. But rest should be good too. Personally I just not recommend Kingstone.

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

You can get a 500gb SSD for less than $100. Any will do, if you get a SATA SSD, which is the interface you use to plug it into your PC. I assumed you did not j ow that, judging by the nature of your question.

What would be a good product that is a SATA SSD 500gb?

6 minutes ago, fastbacca said:

What would be a good product that is a SATA SSD 500gb?

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073SBZ8YH/?tag=pcpapi-20

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

I just bought this to upgrade my girlfriend's PC, because it's cheap, it works, and 500gb is a significant amount that works as a great boot drive and can hold a bunch of programs for fast loading speeds. In my opinion, it's the best budget SSD that won't break on you.

Crucial MX500 500GB 3D NAND SATA 2.5 Inch Internal SSD - CT500MX500SSD1(Z)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0784SLQM6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Graphic Design + Gaming Machine:

CPU: i7-8700 GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengence STORAGE: 1TB Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 2TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM CASE: Phantek P400 Tempered Glass

500GB is something I have (Samsung 860 EVO), but I have really LOT of programs, tools etc. And I'm not storing games on my C:\ drive.

But if you want to have system with programs and want to be safe, 250 GB is better option for system and programs - it's easier to create image, so you can restore it anytime you want and for games you can always buy second 250 GB SSD - price may be similar. Almost all desktops have 6 SATA connectors, sometimes even more. Plus m.2. So everyone may connect many drives which is very useful - 250 GB SSD for system + programs, 250 GB SSD for games, 2-4 TB HDD for other stuff, photos, movies from holidays, all crap and backups of system and other important data. And in case it will be not enough - there is always possible to connect another HDD/SSD. Most of drives now needs less than 10W of power, so it's not really matter how many drives do you use. And it's better to add drive than copy everything from one to another in case you're out of space.