Is this a good deal?

IAmAndre

Hi,

I just saw this LG Flatron monitor for sale at €50. It's used and "in good condition" so I wanna know if I should go for it. I'd be using as my main monitor, and use my current one (23", PWA, 1080p) in portrait mode. My main activities are web/mobile development, basic video editing and gaming.

The response time is terrible, but that's typical of an IPS monitor, which you'd want for any kind of graphic design (web/mobile development (maybe), video editing). Color clarity and accuracy is king for anywhere you're creating content.

It will suffer in gaming, though. IPS monitors aren't speedy and aren't meant to do heavy gaming on, that's what TN panels are for (and HDR panels, but...holy expensive, Batman!). Then again, obviously this won't have Freesync or GSync. Other than that, 23" is dinky. But if it's what you're used to already, then it's what you're used to.

For $50, that's pretty OK. I've spent $50 on much more useless things.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

13 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

I didn't notice that it was €50, not $50, but it works out to still be like $58, so it's not that far off where I wouldn't consider it.

Intel i7 8700k | Asus ROG Strix Z370-I | NVidia RTX 2070 Super Reference | Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3600MHz x 32GB | Samsung 970 Evo 500GB NVMe | Samsung QVO 1TB SSD | Custom Loop | Corsair RMx 850w Gold | Phanteks Evolv iTX TG (modded) | Acer Predator XB1

25 minutes ago, NickPickerWI said:

The response time is terrible, but that's typical of an IPS monitor, which you'd want for any kind of graphic design (web/mobile development (maybe), video editing). Color clarity and accuracy is king for anywhere you're creating content.

It will suffer in gaming, though. IPS monitors aren't speedy and aren't meant to do heavy gaming on, that's what TN panels are for (and HDR panels, but...holy expensive, Batman!). Then again, obviously this won't have Freesync or GSync. Other than that, 23" is dinky. But if it's what you're used to already, then it's what you're used to.

I use an IPS for gaming. I find that most of them boast a 5ms response time, pretty decent

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

1 hour ago, fasauceome said:

use an IPS for gaming. I find that most of them boast a 5ms response time, pretty decent

This one has almost three times the delay at 14ms.