My gtx 1080 has started lagging :( pls help

I will try to keep this as short as possible to not waste you time.. 

I've build my own pc whitch contains the following hardware: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PlzGivMonej/saved/Q4QxYJ 

It's been working fine for like 7,5 months but has recently starting acting weirdly. It's hard to explain but I'll try. For example while playing league of legends I get a very nice fps but it's not smooth. It like quickly freezes in frame and then it jumps back to normal. This happens like once every 3 seconds and it's really ruinning the experience. This is rather  special for league but if I play BF1 it just isn't as smooth as it used to be. It keeps freeze framing shortly and it feels like my gpu has gotten weaker. It also feels like I'm playing on a 30hz monitor when I have a 144hz monitor.  

Like I said the computer has worked very well but has just now stated to preform worse. I'm very sure that is't not overheating.

It overall feels like my pc just downgraded. I've done mcafee's virucheck which says that I don't have any viruses. I've also carefully cleaned my computer from dust, ran a Ccleaner, reinstalled my nvidia dribers with DDU and I really don't know what to do =(   

I would be greatful if you gave me some advice! 

6 minutes ago, PlizGivMonej said:

I will try to keep this as short as possible to not waste you time.. 

I've build my own pc whitch contains the following hardware: https://pcpartpicker.com/user/PlzGivMonej/saved/Q4QxYJ 

It's been working fine for like 7,5 months but has recently starting acting weirdly. It's hard to explain but I'll try. For example while playing league of legends I get a very nice fps but it's not smooth. It like quickly freezes in frame and then it jumps back to normal. This happens like once every 3 seconds and it's really ruinning the experience. This is rather  special for league but if I play BF1 it just isn't as smooth as it used to be. It keeps freeze framing shortly and it feels like my gpu has gotten weaker. It also feels like I'm playing on a 30hz monitor when I have a 144hz monitor.  

Like I said the computer has worked very well but has just now stated to preform worse. I'm very sure that is't not overheating.

It overall feels like my pc just downgraded. I've done mcafee's virucheck which says that I don't have any viruses. I've also carefully cleaned my computer from dust, ran a Ccleaner, reinstalled my nvidia dribers with DDU and I really don't know what to do =(   

I would be greatful if you gave me some advice! 

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this sounds like a classic case of a failing hard drive. Your drive should still be under warranty.  If it's not the drive were probably looking at RAM or PSU problems (But i'm betting it's the hard drive).

Could also be something as simple as dust getting caught up in the CPU fan making it overheat. Start simple with what you can see and hear, then work towards stuff like scanning your hardware for issues.

• 10 months later...
On 9/6/2018 at 7:13 PM, doomsriker said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but this sounds like a classic case of a failing hard drive. Your drive should still be under warranty.  If it's not the drive were probably looking at RAM or PSU problems (But i'm betting it's the hard drive).

Thank you for your response! I'm thinking it might be some kind of hardware problem unfortunately, as you told me. After a long time of research I've found next to nothing on how to acctually check which one of your hardware is non-functioning. Do you have any tips?

1 hour ago, PlizGivMonej said:

Thank you for your response! I'm thinking it might be some kind of hardware problem unfortunately, as you told me. After a long time of research I've found next to nothing on how to acctually check which one of your hardware is non-functioning. Do you have any tips?

Is the game you experiencing issues with are installed on the SSD or the HDD ? You can always use some sofware to test the health of your HDD.

I will name a few : 

• IOLO System Mechanic Pro.
  • HD Tune.
  • PassMark DiskCheckup.
  • Samsung HUTIL.
  • Seagate SeaTool

CPU : i7-8700k  Mobo : Asus Prime z370-a RAM : G.Skill RipJaws V 16gb (2x8gb) Storage : 1tb Samsung 850 EVO

GPU : EVGA 1080 ti SC2 Cooling : Corsair H100i V2 PSU : Corsair Rm850x