Hi, I am planning to build a gaming pc in the near future and I would like to water cool it. The thing is, I'm new with water cooling. I watched JayzTwoCents' video on the A240G and I am wondering if it would run well and get decent temperatures with my gpu and cpu. I am planning to get an AMD ryzen 7 2700X and an Asus Strix 1080 ti. I feel like I might need better water cooling for my gpu, but I'm not quite sure. Anyone know if that would work well?

You don't need "better" water cooling for that CPU. You'll hit the all core limit way before you could hit the limitation of that kit. Even the stock cooler is decent for it, I have used one for quite some time.

Though, I'm not a fan of those kits with alu rads. Build your own, and pick a waterblock that fits onto the stock backplate with just 4 screws rather than something else. They're easier to work with when it comes to this platform.

asus strix 1080ti is not compatible with A240G, before buying 1080ti you better check compatabitity on the EK website

if you are going for silent operation you better get an additional rad 360 or 240 depends on if it fits your case

CPU: i7 8700K OC 5.0 gHz, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VIII Hero (Z170), RAM: 32gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Asus Strix OC gtx 1080ti, Storage: Samsung 950pro 500gb, samsung 860evo 500gb, 2x2Tb + 6Tb HDD,Case: Lian Li PC O11 dynamic, Cooling: Very custom loop.

CPU: i7 8700K, Motherboard Asus z390i, RAM:32gb g.skill RGB 3200, GPU: EVGA Gtx 1080ti SC Black, Storage: samsung 960evo 500gb, samsung 860evo 1tb (M.2) Case: lian li q37. Cooling: on the way to get watercooled (EKWB, HWlabs, Noctua, Barrow)

CPU: i7 9400F, Motherboard: Z170i pro gaming, RAM: 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200 mHz, GPU: Sapphire Vega56 pulse with Bykski waterblock, Storage: wd blue 500gb (windows) Samsung 860evo 500Gb (MacOS), PSU Corsair sf600 Case: Motif Monument aluminium replica, Cooling: Custom water cooling loop

Any recomendations on parts for liquid cooling (Radiator, fan, etc.) or any tips?

thanks

1 hour ago, Artizard said:

Any recomendations on parts for liquid cooling (Radiator, fan, etc.) or any tips?

thanks

Spend 150-180 on a swiftech h320x
Buy another 240-360mm rad.

purchase enough fans for it so 2-3 fans at around 15-20 each (for good fans)

Purchase a gpu block for your 1080ti atm they can be found from 50-150 depending on deals and people getting rid of unused stock

grab 4 compression fittings and some extra tubing  $20 for box of tube and about 4-5 bucks per fitting for another $16-$20

So $300-$350 total cost and this will give you a decent cpu block, a great ddc pump, a good amount of rad space, high end gpu block, and best of all it will NOT be aluminum so you won't run in to the issues of combining metals or needing to search for aluminum safe components.