Want to recover a video from an Android video but rooting doesn't work

Go to solution Solved by ScratchCat,
10 hours ago, mintgameking said:

Aligator S5065

The storage is a bit on the low size so it is quite likely the data has been overwritten by paging files and the like (fewer cells to choose from). It is highly likely the data is now lost or corrupt I'm afraid, as a last attempt you may be able to use Android debugging to give the app the permissions it requires.

Hi,

today my friend deleted a video from my phone and i wan't to get it back. I've done a bit data recovery on my old phone with Android 4.4.4 (that still had the USB Mass Storage option) using EaseUS Data Recovery, but now i have a new phone with Android 7.0 and it only has the MTP option (EaseUS Data Recovery doesn't support MTP devices) so i can't recover it that way. I found UMS Enabler on Google Play, but it requires rooting my phone. So i downloaded KingoRoot and tried rooting it but it didn't work. It gets stuck at certain percent and the screen goes black (it hasn't restarted, Android is still running). I tried rooting the device with KingRoot using my pc, but it says "No root strategy available". I also tried Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery, FoneLab for Android, EaseUS MobiSaver for Android, MobiKin Doctor for Android and dr.fone. Stellar Phoenix Photo Recovery doesn't detect the phone, FoneLab for Android finds my phone, but doesn't work well without rooting, EaseUS MobiSaver for Android told me to root my device too, MobiKin Doctor for Android doesn't detect the deleted files. I tried dr.fone for rooting, after probadly a half a hour, it says "root failed". What do i do now?

It is reasonably likely that the data has been deleted by a TRIM command by now so I wouldn't get your hopes up (NAND needs to wipe cells before writing, TRIM resets deleted cells so they can be written to again amongs other things). First look if it synced to Google Photos (maybe you'll be lucky).

Search "[Phone Model] root" on XDA Developers for the correct strategy (I have used Framaroot for some older phones)

Edit: If it was on an SD card remove that and put it in your computer to run EaseUS.

Edited by ScratchCat

15 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

It is reasonably likely that the data has been deleted by a TRIM command by now so I wouldn't get your hopes up (NAND needs to wipe cells before writing, TRIM resets deleted cells so they can be written to again amongs other things). First look if it synced to Google Photos (maybe you'll be lucky).

Search "[Phone Model] root" on XDA Developers for the correct strategy (I have used Framaroot for some older phones)

Edit: If it was on an SD card remove that and put it in your computer to run EaseUS.

Looked at Google Photos, it wasn't there, i had no results on XDA Developers, Framaroot's exploit doesn't work on my device and unfortunately, it was on Internal Storage.

2 hours ago, mintgameking said:

Looked at Google Photos, it wasn't there, i had no results on XDA Developers, Framaroot's exploit doesn't work on my device and unfortunately, it was on Internal Storage.

What model phone do you have? Maybe a similar line will have a compatible tool.

On 4. 9. 2018 at 6:31 PM, ScratchCat said:

What model phone do you have? Maybe a similar line will have a compatible tool.

Aligator S5065

10 hours ago, mintgameking said:

Aligator S5065

The storage is a bit on the low size so it is quite likely the data has been overwritten by paging files and the like (fewer cells to choose from). It is highly likely the data is now lost or corrupt I'm afraid, as a last attempt you may be able to use Android debugging to give the app the permissions it requires.

10 hours ago, ScratchCat said:

Thank you, well it sucks that the video is lost but it wasn't THAT important. So thank you for helping me :D