MacBook Pro white screen after boot

Go to solution Solved by Sauron,

To me it looks more like a boot loop than a dead gpu, although you never know what could cause a boot loop in a macbook. It's possible your sata cable or your boot drive are damaged. You could try booting from a linux installation drive to confirm it's not a gpu issue (or that it is), you can make one of those from windows with a tool called rufus. You can boot from a usb drive by pressing the option key during startup.

Hello guys, I have white screen after boot (apple logo). I tried a new HDD, new RAM,reset PRAM, tried to go in safe mode but still white screen. I have looked around and some people say it could be a GPU failure. Is it possibile? I can still see the start screen. Could be a driver problem?

P.S It is not my Mac, can anyone confirm it is a 2010 model? (watch video). Can I try to reinstall the OS? Which OS X should I install? Can I make  bootable drive from windows?

I link a video with the problem.I skipped some boring long loading screen.

To me it looks more like a boot loop than a dead gpu, although you never know what could cause a boot loop in a macbook. It's possible your sata cable or your boot drive are damaged. You could try booting from a linux installation drive to confirm it's not a gpu issue (or that it is), you can make one of those from windows with a tool called rufus. You can boot from a usb drive by pressing the option key during startup.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

On 4/9/2018 at 11:47 AM, Sauron said:

Thanks for the reply. 

I managed somehow to boot it up after booting the Macbook from a windows hard drive. I saw that it was working fine so it couldn't be the GPU, so turned it off and did a PRAM reset and a internet recovery. After fixing the HDD with the Mac's tools it booted up, but it took like 5 minutes. The programs were so slow to open up so I thought it was something wrong with the HDD. After opening up Safari I had a blue screen and it shutted down. I took away the HDD and did a full sector scan and it had a damaged sector. I thought it had both GPU and HDD problems so I bought a Samsung Evo 860 500GB and after hours of trying to get into recovery mode again I managed to make a clone to the SSD which took over 3 hours for 185GB. After that it took like 10 seconds to boot it up but after 2 minutes I had a weird blue screen (attached picture) so I thought I had to replace the logic board or I had to figure out to disable the dedicated GPU and use the integrated one. I attached a secondary monitor and made a 2 hours stress, then I used the Mac with the dedicated GPU for a couple of hours without getting artifacts or anything, maybe it was just a random driver crash.

Thanks for helping me out.

2018-09-04 20.11.41.jpg