Realtime slideshow with nice effects

homeap5

Since everyone now has good and fast computers, I am trying to find some cool image viewer with slideshow function that uses DirectX (or other graphics library) to creates really nice looking transition effects in real time (not some slideshow creator that makes avi). Is there any software like this? I'm not talking about ugly or crappy effects, but real powerful realtime ones. I was looking long time on internet for anything, but with no luck (of course I found all than XnView or other programs like that, but they have only basic transitions).

Well the obvious thing to say would be PowerPoint or perhaps Prezi, but I suppose maybe you're looking for something free.

Prezi can be used free if you don't mind the presentation being public and you'd be limited to 100MB of resources

You could get a free trial of a program called SongShowPlus or ProPresenter, but after the trial is up, you'll have to either pay for the software or have a watermark over the presentation.

SongShowPlus has a lot of effects to use.  ProPresenter doesn't have as much, but can still make something nice, and with less effort.

There's also Google Slides, but I don't know if that can do any impressive transitions like you're hoping to create, but worth looking into if you haven't already.

No, it's not what I'm really looking for.

PowerPoint is for making presentations (like few more tools you mentioned).

I'm looking for simple image viewer with slideshow function with real nice transition effects, so I can run it, choose directory with photos and press "start".