Hybrid 1080's?

SnowCells

(Reposting because I accidentally posted this in the CPU Motherboards and Ram thread, my bad lol)

I am using the NZXT Manta, which has very little airflow room for the gpu fans (About 12mm I would say), and right now my 1060 3gb is maxing out at 70at 13%-20% usage in Team fortress 2 (usually never dipping below 100fps). I was looking at a few hybrid 1080's for my next gpu upgrade, since the Manta has so little airflow for gpu's. How well do these work in your cases? Should I even bother purchasing one, or would i be better off with an air cooled 1080?

I have used the previous 2 generations of hybrids in SLI (980s and 1080s).  Without hybrids I would run pretty warm at idle.. and 85c at full load.  With hybrids they idle at 25-28c and never go about 35c at full load.

Well worth the investment if you don't want to fool around with custom loops.

20180831_151537.jpg

Dashboard.JPG

17 hours ago, tcari394 said:

I have used the previous 2 generations of hybrids in SLI (980s and 1080s).  Without hybrids I would run pretty warm at idle.. and 85c at full load.  With hybrids they idle at 25-28c and never go about 35c at full load.

Well worth the investment if you don't want to fool around with custom loops.

20180831_151537.jpg

Dashboard.JPG

Thank you for the info, I will definitely purchase one in the future. Nice rig btw!

2 hours ago, SnowCells said:

Thank you for the info, I will definitely purchase one in the future. Nice rig btw!

No problem.. happy to help!

Thanks!