M.2 which way?

Blindeagle

Hey guys Im just putting my M.2 mx500 into my motherboard and its in fine but the sticker is facing downwards if that makes sense is it the correct way? I've seen in a lot of videos the stickers is suppose to be showing  , Just curious if ive done it wrong 

My pc parts : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6nbJgw 

Ive uploaded a pic of what it looks like 

aa.jpg

2 minutes ago, Blindeagle said:

Hey guys Im just putting my M.2 mx500 into my motherboard and its in fine but the sticker is facing downwards if that makes sense is it the correct way? I've seen in a lot of videos the stickers is suppose to be showing  , Just curious if ive done it wrong 

My pc parts : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/6nbJgw 

Ive uploaded a pic of what it looks like 

aa.jpg

Have you run the system? If so, does it get detected? Can you access it? If so, you should be fine. 

Hit the like on this if it works out, thats how I'll know.

1 minute ago, The_Tron said:

Not yet , still building but i dont want to run it and find out its not working but i guess it only goes in 1 way 

1 minute ago, Blindeagle said:

Not yet , still building but i dont want to run it and find out its not working but i guess it only goes in 1 way 

Geez, I just saved you from a dead mobo.

I Quote:

"Card top (with brand logo and UPC barcode data) face up, bottom face down, as you insert it into the tray/laptop placed upside down on the table with the bottom cover removed.  Single notch (for NVMe) or double notch (for SATA) connector end of the card oriented north from you, and screwhole to tighten it down is at the south end of the card.

If the card is NVMe, with the proper card orientation the single notch in the gold connectors will be on the right. Here's an NVMe card installed in my P70.

M2_NVMe.jpg

I can't imagine how even with the P50 and its tray (the P70 does not have a tray, and has a single plastic tongue that fits into the single notch of the NVMe card design) it could be physically possible to incorrectly install the card upside down.  I guess the SATA card's double-notch causes confusion."

Source:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Anyone-know-the-right-way-to-install-m-2-Sata-SSD-s-P50/td-p/3474486

Basically always install M.2 ssds with sticker up or youll kill the m.2 slot.

2 minutes ago, The_Tron said:

I Quote:

"Card top (with brand logo and UPC barcode data) face up, bottom face down, as you insert it into the tray/laptop placed upside down on the table with the bottom cover removed.  Single notch (for NVMe) or double notch (for SATA) connector end of the card oriented north from you, and screwhole to tighten it down is at the south end of the card.

If the card is NVMe, with the proper card orientation the single notch in the gold connectors will be on the right. Here's an NVMe card installed in my P70.

M2_NVMe.jpg

I can't imagine how even with the P50 and its tray (the P70 does not have a tray, and has a single plastic tongue that fits into the single notch of the NVMe card design) it could be physically possible to incorrectly install the card upside down.  I guess the SATA card's double-notch causes confusion."

Source:https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/Anyone-know-the-right-way-to-install-m-2-Sata-SSD-s-P50/td-p/3474486

Basically always install M.2 ssds with sticker up or youll kill the m.2 slot.

I dont understand how it can go in like that those? How can it go in the way i put it but not the other way?> 

Just now, Blindeagle said:

I dont understand how it can go in like that those? How can it go in the way i put it but not the other way?> 

You cant put it in with the sticker up?

Just now, The_Tron said:

No Only goes witht he logo up 

1 minute ago, The_Tron said:

I think my way is right but ye i dunno what that info is that u have but we will see 

2 minutes ago, Blindeagle said:

No Only goes witht he logo up 

Then what I mentioned is right; always install M.2 SSDs with sticker facing up. PS mark my answer as solution so everyone else knows. It could also help someone else with the same doubt as you. :D 

Just now, The_Tron said:

Then what I mentioned is right; always install M.2 SSDs with sticker facing up. PS mark my answer as solution so everyone else knows. It could also help someone else with the same doubt as you. :D 

You just said to me above that I;ve done it wrong lol :)

9 minutes ago, The_Tron said:

Which means you thought i did it wrong :) But its all good thank you for the help