Investing on a monitor?

Ruo94

Hey all!
Is it worth spending ~800CAD on an IPS, 144hz QHD monitor (like the PG279Q)?

I've been using an old 2511x for more then 7 years now, and always kinda wanted a monitor for both my gaming needs, and work/school stuff.

I want the IPS due to its colour, since i do a lot of 3d rendering. But I also know for a fact that my 1060 6gb cannot run any game at 2k, 144hz.

Another setup for my upcomming upgrade would be rocking 2 monitors. But there are some other reason that I kinda dont wanna go with that set up

What do you guys think?

7 minutes ago, Ruo94 said:

But I also know for a fact that my 1060 6gb cannot run any game at 2k, 144hz.

Not true, with reduced settings it will run some games slightly above 60 FPS at 2k. You won't be making full use of it in every case, but e-sports titles will do it.

On 8/30/2018 at 11:06 PM, Motifator said:

Not true, with reduced settings it will run some games slightly above 60 FPS at 2k. You won't be making full use of it in every case, but e-sports titles will do it.

oh ya, i can def. run most games (that i play anyway) at 144/1080, or 60/1440. But is it worth it to get one of these high end monitor now? Or should I wait a few more year, and just grab another "normal" monitor?
also, i gotta debate whether or not i should spend that extra 100$ on G-sync or not. 

Well, for one I wouldn't buy a TN monitor.

The monitor you're looking at is clearly an older panel. G-Sync 2.0 monitors are OTW so those will be obsolete if you can "wait".

Your money, your choice since there is some subjectivity involved in monitor choices.