Looking for temp chart for Ryzen OC on certain HSF

ThR1LL

I'm looking for a Ryzen OC comparison of the Arctic Freezer i32, Cryorig H7, Deepcool Gammaxx 400, and Scythe Kotetsu Mark 2. I like to think I have decent Googling skills, but I couldn't find anything. I even asked around reddit and HardForum and nothing :(:(:(

5 minutes ago, ThR1LL said:

I'm looking for a Ryzen OC comparison of the Arctic Freezer i32, Cryorig H7, Deepcool Gammaxx 400, and Scythe Kotetsu Mark 2. I like to think I have decent Googling skills, but I couldn't find anything. I even asked around reddit and HardForum and nothing :(:(:(

Did you try youtube ? Might find similar comparison that could be useful

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

1 minute ago, gbergeron said:

Did you try youtube ? Might find similar comparison that could be useful

You mind letting me know some credible channels? Last time I cared about my HSF was during the LGA 775 days when the CM 212 just came out(and I'm honestly surprised it's still around lol) so I'm kind of out of the loop

Just now, ThR1LL said:

You mind letting me know some credible channels? Last time I cared about my HSF was during the LGA 775 days when the CM 212 just came out(and I'm honestly surprised it's still around lol) so I'm kind of out of the loop

I mean just search and check a couple and you should have a better overview then search google for sites like tomshardware or else and try find real forum posts experiences

thats what I do usually

CPU: Intel i7 6700K 4.5 ghz / CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 / Board: Asus Z170-A / GPU: Asus Rog Strix GTX 1070 8GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 3000 mhz / SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB / PSU: Corsair RMx 850w / Case: Fractal Design Define S / Keyboard: Corsair MX Silent / Mouse: Logitech G403 / Monitor: Dell 27" TN 1ms 1440p/144hz Gsync

Because of how AMD wasn't competing well for a span of time and how temps are less accurately reported, most test benches use sockets 115x for its ubiquity or 2011 for its heat when testing cooler performance. 

If you want to know relative performance:

What cpu are you cooling and why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

57 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Because of how AMD wasn't competing well for a span of time and how temps are less accurately reported, most test benches use sockets 115x for its ubiquity or 2011 for its heat when testing cooler performance. 

If you want to know relative performance:

What cpu are you cooling and why are you looking at these coolers in particular?

2600. These coolers in particular are in the price range I want for their performance and can fit my case with a maximum 157mm cooler clearance. I'm going to be waiting for sales so I have no intention of spending more than $30 including tax & shipping on a cooler.

45 minutes ago, ThR1LL said:

2600. These coolers in particular are in the price range I want for their performance and can fit my case with a maximum 157mm cooler clearance. I'm going to be waiting for sales so I have no intention of spending more than $30 including tax & shipping on a cooler.

Where are you shopping / located and what case are you using?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just now, WoodenMarker said:

Where are you shopping / located and what case are you using?

US and I live near a Fry's and Micro Center so basically those 2 plus all the usual online places Newegg, Amazon, etc. I have  Corsair Carbide SPEC-02

I'd get the Scythe, it looks to be the most robust out of the 4. However, the H7 isn't really lagging behind. The other two look to be lower end coolers.

2 hours ago, Motifator said:

I'd get the Scythe, it looks to be the most robust out of the 4. However, the H7 isn't really lagging behind. The other two look to be lower end coolers.

I think I can agree on that. I finally found a temp chart with the Scythe, Cryorig, and Arctic Freezer here tested on a Ryzen 1700X.

Apparently the H7 and the AF 33 couldn't keep the 1700X stable when OC at 3.8 GHz and 1.35 volts core voltage. I believe the H7 outperforms the DeepCool. What's interesting though is according the temp charts found here the Arctic Freezer 33 Plus outperformed the Scythe on a stock Ryzen 1600.

I wish they tested the OC results given the Arctic Freezer 33 non plus couldn't stabilize the OC of a Ryzen 1700X, yet the Arctic Freezer 33 Plus outperformed the Scythe both idle and load on a stock clocked Ryzen 1600. I guess my new hunt for temp charts is between the Scythe Kotetsu Mark 2 vs Arctic Freezer 33 Plus on an OC'd Ryzen CPU lol

18 hours ago, ThR1LL said:

US and I live near a Fry's and Micro Center so basically those 2 plus all the usual online places Newegg, Amazon, etc. I have  Corsair Carbide SPEC-02

The Kotetsu Mark II is both the best performer and the quietest of the listed coolers but I don't I've ever seen it below $30. Asides from buying used, the cheapest seems to be $33 from Newegg back in April. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7998TW/scythe-cpu-cooler-scktt1000?history_days=730

The Gammaxx 400 is probably the easiest one to find at that price point. The H7 and Freezer 33 TR are similar performing but quieter alternatives: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/KzBrxr/arctic-freezer-33-tr-blackred-cpu-cooler-acfre00038a

21 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Kotetsu Mark II is both the best performer and the quietest of the listed coolers but I don't I've ever seen it below $30. Asides from buying used, the cheapest seems to be $33 from Newegg back in April. https://pcpartpicker.com/product/7998TW/scythe-cpu-cooler-scktt1000?history_days=730

The Gammaxx 400 is probably the easiest one to find at that price point. The H7 and Freezer 33 TR are similar performing but quieter alternatives: https://pcpartpicker.com/product/KzBrxr/arctic-freezer-33-tr-blackred-cpu-cooler-acfre00038a

With noise not being a factor and keeping fans stock and being tedious with 1° difference mattering only in OC measurements, which would you say cools the best between the Gammaxx 400, H7, and AF 33

1 hour ago, ThR1LL said:

With noise not being a factor and keeping fans stock and being tedious with 1° difference mattering only in OC measurements, which would you say cools the best between the Gammaxx 400, H7, and AF 33

The Gammaxx's performance has been hard to pin down and it might be due to inconsistency with its mounting hardware. The H7 performs better than the Freezer 33 TR though. 

5 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

The Gammaxx's performance has been hard to pin down and it might be due to inconsistency with its mounting hardware. The H7 performs better than the Freezer 33 TR though. 

Then I await the next Newegg Shell Shocker H7 sale lol. Thank you so much for the help! BTW have you ever thought of putting prices on CPU Cooler Performance Tier List?

2 hours ago, ThR1LL said:

Then I await the next Newegg Shell Shocker H7 sale lol. Thank you so much for the help! BTW have you ever thought of putting prices on CPU Cooler Performance Tier List?

Prices change too often and vary too much depending on where you're shopping for that to be practical. 

14 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Prices change too often and vary too much depending on where you're shopping for that to be practical. 

So true! Maybe adding their height measurements would be useful too because for me personally that was something I had to take into account because I bought a cheap case that luckily stated the CPU cooler max height clearance

13 hours ago, ThR1LL said:

So true! Maybe adding their height measurements would be useful too because for me personally that was something I had to take into account because I bought a cheap case that luckily stated the CPU cooler max height clearance

That's basic info that can be found on the manufacturer's website or in a review most of the time. For example, the top results for 'deepcool gammax height mm' on google will contain info regarding height and other specs. When it comes to clearance, height isn't everything either and the heatsink design might interfere with other components. I've also thought about notes and starring recommended coolers but that would clutter what is already a lengthy list that will only get longer and might contain info that is biased or less than accurate. 

One example is the Raijintek Themis Evo. Specs and reviews state that it is 165mm tall but it's actually 159mm-161mm (most likely 160mm) when looking at it sitting next to the 157mm tall Themis and the cases with less than 165mm of clearance that the cooler fit into. I'm not yet sure how to organize this type of circumstantial info that might end up being inaccurate.