questionable samsung oem ssd

zassou

wanted to get a cheap m.2 ssd with nvme, someone hinted theres some very unusual samsung "oem" ssd, with fax machine product names, like this one below.

what are the differences between them and the consumer models, like 970evo?

are they knock offs? cuz they all come from aliexpress which have a rep for it.

Screenshot_1.png

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

I really don't advise buying stuff from Aliexpress as it's a Chinese company. Nothing bad with it, but manufacters make special parts just for the chinese market which is not the same as with the Europe/USA market. For example phones : there is Global version of Nokia 7 plus and Chinese version. GPU: There is 5GB Variant of 1060, there is global version 3/6GB.

thx for reply,

i personally dont mind if they are for chinese market or not, if they are legit product with warrenty, im ok with it. but it seems no one knows.

why everybody post the spec of their rig here? i dont! cuz its made of mashed potatoes!

This is an OEM Samsung SSD, that means that it's not sold separately directly from Samsung, they only sell it to OEMs. This also means that it will not work with Samsung Magician software.

Overall it should be good, but it's not what I'd recommend: https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/samsung-960-evo-pm961,4737.html

It should be a predecessor for the 960 EVO SSD: http://ssd.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Samsung-960-Evo-NVMe-PCIe-M2-500GB-vs-Samsung-PM961-NVMe-PCIe-M2-512GB/m204072vsm181300

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

thanks, il get one when they get cheaper. nvm, im into kingston a1000 240gb now. pcie3.0 x2, this is what i need.

2 hours ago, zassou said:

thanks, il get one when they get cheaper. nvm, im into kingston a1000 240gb now. pcie3.0 x2, this is what i need.

The low-end NVME SSDs are quite inconsistent with their performance, I suggest you read some reviews of a specific model before making a purchase decision.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

18 hours ago, Morgan MLGman said:

The low-end NVME SSDs are quite inconsistent with their performance, I suggest you read some reviews of a specific model before making a purchase decision.

thx for advice, but im still grinding on a sata 2 60gb ssd, anything faster than that is a win.