Flicker-free monitors

Hi,

I thought that you could check whether you have a flicker-less monitor by holding a camera in front of it and see whether there are black lines scrolling over the display on the video of the camera. But now I doubt whether that is always the case because of this video. That monitor (Acer PE320QK aka PE0) is advertised as flicker-less, but you can clearly see flicker in the video. How is this possible? I suppose that Acer doesn't lie about the flicker-less feature, right?

Thanks!

I'm trying to look at the official website. Can't seem to find anything resembling them saying it's flicker free.

When you're holding a camera with a fast enough shutter speed above the refresh rate, of course you'll see the flicker.

And that monitor is only rated at 60hz.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I read on this website that it is a 'flicker-less' monitor.

17 minutes ago, ultra20 said:

Thanks for taking the time to look at it. I read on this website that it is a 'flicker-less' monitor.

Hmm. From the link that u gave it does feature a flicker-less technology.
I did try checking my monitor with 3 phones. iPhone X, Note 9 and also a cheap Lenovo phone. 
Seems like the higher end phones can see the lines on the phone while my cheap Lenovo phone doesn't.

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

I was going to say that it may use one of those hybrid solutions where PWM is only used at certain brightness levels, but according to TFT Central is PWM free. However this comment may explain the flickering: 

However there is a very low amplitude and high frequency oscillation evident at all settings as you can see from the above graphs (i.e. the line is not flat). This operates at a very high 3,200 Hz and is unlikely to cause issues to many people.