Playing High bitrate 4K on TV?

StickyStickx

So I've had my 4K tv for a while now and I want to play some really high bitrate 4k video but Plex just cant handle it, the max it can go is around up to 20k when my PC is idle.
I dont mind buying a hard drive and using a wire to connect to the TV but im not even sure if that will work.

Does anyone know what I can do to play the high bitrate files on my TV?

I can play high bitrate (for example 75 000kb/s) 4k content through my PC in TV using Plex and using wired connection. But sometimes in a few moments it buffered for 1-2 seconds, because in some scenes it goes beyond 100 000kbs and my standard switch and cables can't handle more. For that gigabit switch and cat 6 cables are required. Also be sure that in Plex it's directplay and not transcoding.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2018 at 9:24 AM, J.b091 said:

I can play high bitrate (for example 75 000kb/s) 4k content through my PC in TV using Plex and using wired connection. But sometimes in a few moments it buffered for 1-2 seconds, because in some scenes it goes beyond 100 000kbs and my standard switch and cables can't handle more. For that gigabit switch and cat 6 cables are required. Also be sure that in Plex it's directplay and not transcoding.

I have a gigabit switch and I also have cat 6 cables. But im not sure about directplay, where do I find that option?

Edit: So I have Direct play enabled but I also have Transcoder Quality set to Prefer higher quality encoding, is this right?

On 9/9/2018 at 2:41 AM, StickyStickx said:

I have a gigabit switch and I also have cat 6 cables. But im not sure about directplay, where do I find that option?

Edit: So I have Direct play enabled but I also have Transcoder Quality set to Prefer higher quality encoding, is this right?

I don't know, don't remember, currently I'm at work, but can check it when I come home, but I think it doesn't matter on what option you set Transcoder quality if Direct Play is enabled. When it's enabled & you watch with original quality in options, it doesn't transcode anything, your PC doesn't do anything, but when I changed in my TV options to lower for example quality, my PC started transcoding, CPU went on 99%. Anyway, I'll check options in my plex if you want and let u know them.