If I Connect My Xbox One To A Computer & Wipe The Drive Instead Of Installing Linux Can I Use Windows 10 Disk Image?

If I Connect My Xbox One To A Computer & Wipe The Drive Instead Of Installing Linux Can I Use Windows 10 Disk Image?

27 minutes ago, SomeGuyWhoAsksQuestions said:

If installing windows 10 on a Xbox one is what you want, then no.

Probably because the hardware is locked down and there are no drivers for it, even though Xbox already runs a stripped down and customized version of windows.

51 minutes ago, timl132 said:

If installing windows 10 on a Xbox one is what you want, then no.

Probably because the hardware is locked down and there are no drivers for it, even though Xbox already runs a stripped down and customized version of windows.

More accurately, the firmware on the XBOne motherboard does not allow different OS's to load.  There may be a way to hack around this limitation for Linux, but Windows is closed source and will not allow the changes necessary to load on the XBOne hardware.

1 minute ago, KarathKasun said:

More accurately, the firmware on the XBOne motherboard does not allow different OS's to load.  There may be a way to hack around this limitation for Linux, but Windows is closed source and will not allow the changes necessary to load on the XBOne hardware.

Exactly, that was kinda what I meant with "locked down hardware".

Still, Linux might be worth it, as you still have Play for Linux and the steam play thing. I regulary play Train Sim World and GTA V on Linux just fine.