Help me set up my fans! :(

Alright alright... so I just got this beast in...(corsair h150i pro)...

It's going into the corsair 400c case... it's only gonna fit in the front, too big for the top! comes with the 3 fans (2 white boxes + naked fan). 

Im pretty sure it will either fit push or pull for the radiator. how should I do those three?

then I have 2 AF140s I'm gonna put on the top of the case... which way should I mount those? 1 exhaust, and one intake (below the ram? ) or both AF140s as exhaust? 

then I have the back case exhaust fan which I'm pretty sure is gonna stay there... unless otherwise siggested....and then that last big ass fan (very back left in picture) which I really can't do anything with? 

what would be the best configuration working with what I have? 

help me out! please ;)

20180826_134724.jpg

Front rad intake with fans in push, AF140/L's as top and rear as exhaust. If you want to maintain positive airflow, run your intakes at higher rpm than your exhausts. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What about rear/top intakes with rad front mount exhaust?  This would probably lower GPU temps and temps inside the case.

13 minutes ago, Shrepto said:

What about rear/top intakes with rad front mount exhaust?  This would probably lower GPU temps and temps inside the case.

I was thinking to do the one on top of the ram pushing fresh cool air to the ram, the one on top of the cpu and rear as an exhaust. 

unfortunately I'm limited on the front cooler because the radiator is so big. the fans must be bolted to the chassis first then the radiator behind them. 

So I ran the 3 radiator fans have to be in a push in or pull out configuration..

its all a really tight fit. 

I like the look of the case but if I had a chance to do it differently I would have done a little more research on cases cause this isn't the best case for ultimate cooling ;)

right now the 3 radiator fans are the only intakes the other 3 fans are pulling air out the case.... 

I wish I had a mount for fan in the bottom of the case for another intake.... that would have been perfect..

2 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Front rad intake with fans in push, AF140/L's as top and rear as exhaust. If you want to maintain positive airflow, run your intakes at higher rpm than your exhausts. 

I will monitor the temps. I am definitely getting a lot of hot air coming out of this sucker as it's heating my room up pretty good..

im assuming I can adjust the fan speed in the corsair program? 

Just now, CokerNik said:

im assuming I can adjust the fan speed in the corsair program? 

Corsair Link works. I usually use the motherboard settings for fan control.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

3 minutes ago, WoodenMarker said:

Corsair Link works. I usually use the motherboard settings for fan control.

I was running a little H55 cooler before and it was not liking the 8700k... that sucker gets so hot... I figured I might as well get the biggest one I could fit in the case and go from there...

I knew in the beginning I didn't have enough airflow, so I figured wth might as well max out the whole case.. fuggit I already spent a grip of $$$ what's a few dollars more.. I just don't wanna mess with it anymore ?LOL! 

5 minutes ago, Shrepto said:

Your ram doesn't need cooling.

how is the ram temp monitored? if it got to hot would it throttle like a gpu, or a cpu? based on overclocking it slightly? 

Ram will not get hot enough to need that kinda cooling.  It's basically a non-factor.  Also, the heat generated from your CPU and your computer as a whole would all be the same after it exits the case and enters your room.  The only difference between your CPU running cooler versus hotter is how quickly that heat is transferred to the environment.

You could mess with fan speeds in Corsair Link and change them on the fly to something you deem acceptable and then just set them in BIOS.  Probably the most hassle-free way of doing it.

13 minutes ago, Shrepto said:

Ram will not get hot enough to need that kinda cooling.  It's basically a non-factor.  Also, the heat generated from your CPU and your computer as a whole would all be the same after it exits the case and enters your room.  The only difference between your CPU running cooler versus hotter is how quickly that heat is transferred to the environment.

alright cool, so I settled on this for now.. 

3 in the front of the radiator pushing in and the 3 in the back/top pulling out. I love the 80's look ? but that nasty fan in the back of the case has to go. it will be the last 12$ I spend on this thing........ maybe some white MB, and GPU power cables ? I'm gonna just do a few stress tests and hopefully it all works out. This little beast is everything I need now... till I get the itch for another 1080 or one of those new suckers! 

20180826_182929.jpg

7 hours ago, Shrepto said:

Goona be brief as you got things settled already.

6 hours ago, CokerNik said:

I was thinking to do the one on top of the ram pushing fresh cool air to the ram, the one on top of the cpu and rear as an exhaust. 

Only way for RAM to get too hot (over 80C) is for you to OC it to limits. Even professional overclockers don't cool their RAM. Heatspreaders are just for looks.

6 hours ago, CokerNik said:

how is the ram temp monitored? if it got to hot would it throttle like a gpu, or a cpu? based on overclocking it slightly? 

It has temp sensor just like any other component. But you wouldn't see it throttle. If you OC too high, you get crashing PC. Thats it.

Also about using top/rear fans to cool GPU. Not really effective when GPU fans are on other side. Bottom intake would be most beneficial in that part.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv