Registry settings reset after log out.

As said in the title, I edited the LogPixels value in the registry, to make windows scale smaller (from 96 dpi to 76), but to apply these changes i need a reboot, or a at least a logout and a login, but by doing that the value jumps immediately back up to 96. What could be causing it? Also, I tried custom resolutions, but I have a laptop that has the display of the laptop itself connected to the the hd graphics (5500, i3 5005u), so I cannot set custom resolutions in the nVidia control panel, and Intel hd graphics control panel won't let me do it, slapping me with a "custom resolution exceeds maximum bandwidth", even when the resolution is smaller that the native 1366*768 (yes I checked and tried every single frequency setting from 15 to 60 hz).

Any Ideas on how can i make windows scale smaller without connecting an external 6 billion K 240hz million dollar display? The laptop is an Acer Aspire E5 573G with a GeForce 920m, 4GB ram and an i3 5005u.

Windows display scaling minimum is 96 dpi.

It does not support smaller.

As you pointed out, you can see in forcing a higher resolution than the monitor can display, but that is up to the graphics card you have and the display. Usually for laptop, the answer is no. If your laptop had the option for a higher resolution display, you can see if you can get that high resolution panel from the manufacture/eBay/Amazon/Aliexpress or others and replace the panel yourself. Please not that if you do this, you be aware that you can't put any random laptop panel. It needs to be specific for your laptop as they are non standard parts. The panel thickness, where the screw holes are, and power delivery, let alone connector type are all important thing to consider.

On 25.08.2018 at 4:48 PM, GoodBytes said:

Windows display scaling minimum is 96 dpi.

It does not support smaller.

As you pointed out, you can see in forcing a higher resolution than the monitor can display, but that is up to the graphics card you have and the display. Usually for laptop, the answer is no. If your laptop had the option for a higher resolution display, you can see if you can get that high resolution panel from the manufacture/eBay/Amazon/Aliexpress or others and replace the panel yourself. Please not that if you do this, you be aware that you can't put any random laptop panel. It needs to be specific for your laptop as they are non standard parts. The panel thickness, where the screw holes are, and power delivery, let alone connector type are all important thing to consider.

Sorry for the late reply, actually that idea that you proposed, is pretty genius. Looking online for some good panels for my laptop right now. I took the display apart btw, so the connector I have is an eDP 30pin 1 lane, and the mounting screws are basically standard for 90% of laptops. Problem is, eDP 1 lane is only good up to 1600*900 resolutions at 30hz or 1366*768 at 60hz. A 1080p , 30 or 60 hz, would run off 2 lane eDP cable. Would it work fine as is or i also need a new cable?

1 minute ago, Raidzor338 said:

Sorry for the late reply, actually that idea that you proposed, is pretty genius. Looking online for some good panels for my laptop right now. I took the display apart btw, so the connector I have is an eDP 30pin 1 lane, and the mounting screws are basically standard for 90% of laptops. Problem is, eDP 1 lane is only good up to 1600*900 resolutions at 30hz or 1366*768 at 60hz. A 1080p , 30 or 60 hz, would run off 2 lane eDP cable. Would it work fine as is or i also need a new cable?

No idea, never tried, sorry. :/