has anyone experience any trouble bringing their PC overseas?

Abaci

I'm inspired by this Build in Bitwit channel and thinking about doing the same for my own.

Have anyone experience any trouble carrying their PC though the border especially with TSA(airport security) or customs ?

I'm worried because I'm currently studying overseas and I'm afraid I would have to declare and pay taxes if I'm bringing my PC home.

What would you guys suggest the best solution for overseas student like me? Is gaming laptop better?

Never had any issues. I usually go between my home country and the place i'm working at around 7 hours away. 
Never had a single issue. 

So You Wanna Be A Playa, But Your Rig's Ain't Fly,
You Gotta Hit Us Up, To Get A Pimped Out Rig,

You've Got To Pimp My Riggggggg...  (DAMN RIGHT)

Its the same thing as a laptop, just more powerful and no displays attached. You should be fine. You mentioned TSA, are you going from US to CA or US to MX?

twitch.tv/oliv_r

14 hours ago, mikedrewsmy said:

Never had any issues. I usually go between my home country and the place i'm working at around 7 hours away. 
Never had a single issue. 

What kind of PC are you bringing? Is it a Mini-ITX or a Normal ATX ?

35 minutes ago, Abaci said:

What kind of PC are you bringing? Is it a Mini-ITX or a Normal ATX ?

Anything bigger than Mini ITX would most likley have to be put in to checked luggage. Id be more afraid of the ground crew than TSA at that point. A Mini ITX system, as long as its very small should fix in to carry on, I would assume. In that case you might have to remove the machine and put it in the bin. Been thru TSA twice, Went out to Las Vegas (What a trip that was). Honestly at Detroit Metro Airport security is pretty lax. Las Vegas had their shit together however. I was just asked to put my laptop in a separate bin. Id assume the same would apply to a desktop. 

Honestly if your going for a longer duration, you might want to ship your computer rather than fly with it. Also, make sure you remove the CPU cooler and GPU from the system to prevent damage. You may also want to remove an storage drives and have them on your person. To ensure if you have to check the computer that the data is secure with you. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

15 hours ago, Abaci said:

Have anyone experience any trouble carrying their PC though the border especially with TSA(airport security) or customs ?

I'm worried because I'm currently studying overseas and I'm afraid I would have to declare and pay taxes if I'm bringing my PC home.

If you're coming to the US on a student visa, you're not a permanent resident and import taxes shouldn't apply to you.

EDIT: As usual with these posts I like to dig further before writing it. But if this article (https://corporate.findlaw.com/litigation-disputes/visiting-the-united-states-customs-regulations-for-nonresidents.html) is more or less true, then:

You must, however, declare the value of any gifts, business articles, or items not for your own use that you have brought with you to the United States.

Basically, if everything you're bringing in is for your own use, customs doesn't count it against you. Which makes sense. Lots of us carry hundreds of dollars worth of stuff when we travel and we're not taxed for it..

What would you guys suggest the best solution for overseas student like me? Is gaming laptop better?

I would argue a laptop is better if you're not staying at a place permanently or for very long. It's less stuff to bring and worry about. If you go the desktop route, not only do you have to take the tower, but peripherals and a monitor as well. And baggage handlers couldn't care any less about handling your luggage carefully. Plus a tower is a lot of space and potentially weight.