Corsair advanced replacement RMA

lonely_sata_cable

Ok so this is honestly gonna be one of those dumb things but im going thru the RMA process on a corsair mouse and nothing about the support was bad but with the advanced RMA option it stats "We also have an advance replacement option available. If an item is in stock, we can send the replacement first in exchange for the price of the item.  We will then refund this amount once we receive the faulty product. If you’d like to set this up, please call customer service and they can manually upgrade this ticket to an express replacement.  You will then be able to put in your credit card information on your ticket.  1-888-222-4346 M-F 7:00 AM – 5:00 PM PST (free call outside the USA via skype)." I wanna focus on the word replacement ig, so my friend says i think that means you can get any other corsir product and you just pay the difference. Or is just the same product you have being the replacement?????

8 minutes ago, lewdicrous said:

Doesn't it mean they'll just replace the faulty product? (The mouse in this instance)

Tried asking them about it?

yea thats whats what i was thinking.

13 minutes ago, lonely_sata_cable said:

yea thats whats what i was thinking.

I did the advanced RMA for corsair vengeance memory.

They will ask you to pay full price for the product they are replacing. Once they receive the faulty product and verify it's an RMA fault, they will refund the payment. Assuming the product is covered under their warranty in the first place, you don't get charged anything - the up-front charge is there to stop people getting new products from corsair for free fraudulently.

Edited by Tabs
Clarified

3 minutes ago, lonely_sata_cable said:

so your saying i should just do the standard rma. i say this because i got the mouse on sale

The price they charge you doesn't actually matter, since the refund process means you never get charged anything - if you have a credit card, put it on there. The full amount they charge you is the full amount they refund.

I paid about £240 for my 32gb memory kit, and the advanced RMA charge was $630 us dollars (about twice what I paid for the kit). Once they got the kit and verified the fault, they refunded me the $630 they charged. Net cost: zero.

Edit: The one exception to this is if you don't have enough funds available to cover the advanced RMA charge. Corsair support will tell you how much they'll charge up front for the service, so it's worth speaking to them. I called them over skype and got through immediately.

Edited by Tabs

Steelseries works this way. Send in faulty product and they credit you full MSRP for anything in their store.

Advanced Replacement through Asus is similar but not good. They send you the product first after putting a hold on your credit card and when they receive the broken unit back in their packaging they refund the amount. The problem is they go months without stock on most things.

Intel i7 6700k|Asus Maximus VIII Hero|Asus Strix 1080|Gskill DDR4 3200|950 Pro M.2|Corsair RM750|Corsair OBSIDIAN 500D|Corsair K65\G65|SteelSeries Arctis 5|Asus PB277Q|PG279Q