2 displays, 2 different res - possible in 2018?

AT0MAC
Go to solution Solved by AT0MAC,

I think I just solved it!

Its the opposite of making a super resolution, I can use the GPU to scale down on my big monitor so its 1920x1080 it displays, and then mirror it to the other input card.

It gives some wasted space, but at least everything is sharp both in the recording and on the live screen.

its not like i record everyday, but i might soon start doing it more often.

7rXAhi.jpg

I have a 1080p capture card and a 1440p monitor, not ideal I know... but I have had the capture card for way longer than the monitor, so thats why it never been a problem before.

am wondering if there exist a program somewhere that will make it possible to run different resolutions with the same image on two separate outputs?

If I duplicate displays it looks absolute horrible on my 1440p monitor!

...if not, then I need to consider a new capture card :(

My Gaming PC: 27833

i dont think that's an option in windows 10, at least i haven't encountered it.

i know on some flavours of linux you can just manually set one "display" overtop of the other, and capture a 1080p "window" out the 1440p display, but that's about it.

1 minute ago, manikyath said:

i dont think that's an option in windows 10, at least i haven't encountered it.

i know on some flavours of linux you can just manually set one "display" overtop of the other, and capture a 1080p "window" out the 1440p display, but that's about it.

yes, no its not an option in either nVidia drivers or Windows 10 itself, but was just wondering if not anyone have made a software solution doing some interpolation magic and actually solved this

Have you tried mirroring the display output?

If you're trying to get away from having the other monitor needing to scale the image to fit, that doesn't really make sense. In desktop space, the pixels of the image are the absolute coordinates in the desktop plane. So a coordinate of (32,64) is literally the 32th pixel from the left and 64th pixel from the top. Trying to interpolate this across different resolutions is more overhead than it's worth.

I think I just solved it!

Its the opposite of making a super resolution, I can use the GPU to scale down on my big monitor so its 1920x1080 it displays, and then mirror it to the other input card.

It gives some wasted space, but at least everything is sharp both in the recording and on the live screen.

its not like i record everyday, but i might soon start doing it more often.

7rXAhi.jpg

7rXAhi.jpg

not sure why LTT dont want to show pictures right now?

DSC_1601.JPG

I have to attach it here as a picture, as the BBcode link I would usually use makes some weird error and just shows a text. anyway, its solved for now :)

Ive been trying to do this for while, tried the scaling on the gpu and it never worked mirroring the image.

So are you capturing on the same rig?

Main RIg Corsair Air 540, I7 9900k, ASUS ROG Maximus XI Hero, G.Skill Ripjaws 3600 32GB, 3090FE, EVGA 1000G5, Acer Nitro XZ3 2560 x 1440@240hz 

Spare RIg Lian Li O11 AIR MINI, I7 4790K, Asus Maximus VI Extreme, G.Skill Ares 2400 32Gb, EVGA 1080ti, 1080sc 1070sc & 1060 SSC, EVGA 850GA, Acer KG251Q 1920x1080@240hz