Youtube Home Recommendations

Go to solution Solved by Tamesh16,

i was worried someone had my password  checked my activity and my users of account, only my devices and my vidoes so it seems its just youtube algorithm showing me this, i hope it stops 

Has any one else noticed recently the home for youtube, especially on mobile is giving some strange recommendations, like to stuff you would never watch, or thats completely unrelated to your viewing habits ? 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

Audio: Sennheiser HD 6xx  DAC: Schiit Modi 3E Amp: Schiit Magni Heresy

Digital Marketer / YouTube advertiser here. The backyard science genre is extremely popular with a wide-range of people, especially younger audiences who love risky/fun science experiments they wouldn't be taught in school. Their parents don't know/don't care about the Obsidian sword in Dark Souls or Minecraft or whatever, but they do. It's an eye-catching non-controversial topic so advertisers love it.

Viewers are willing to watch a "pre-roll ad" in order to see what happens. "OMG is it possible?!" People leave a ton of comments requesting more and different experiments and argue over who said what or what they would've done differently. Tons of commentary = tons of mentions. mentions = notifications. notifications = revisits. revisits = more impressions. more impressions = more money.

YouTube loves to feature 10-20 minute advertiser-friendly content that is getting a ton of clicks and comments for this reason. If you start a brand new YouTube account and watch just one backyard science DIY video, you will be recommended ALL of them and tons of things young males love like Fortnite. Once they know you like this stuff, they show it to you a lot. For this reason I saw this video in my recommends too.

There are some other things their channel could be doing to help the video along as well: Being a part of a network of promoted content, listening to what their subscribers are requesting, tagging their video with those words, padding the script with related phrases and keywords those people are Googling, transcribing their script for closed captions. There are a ton of tactics to help your thing get noticed.

Community Standards || Tech News Posting Guidelines

---======================================================================---

CPU: R5 3600 || GPU: RTX 3070|| Memory: 32GB @ 3200 || Cooler: Scythe Big Shuriken || PSU: 650W EVGA GM || Case: NR200P

2 minutes ago, Slottr said:

oddly enough i am used to that, but recently its a bunch of low viewed gta v streams, indian videos, some other strange game plays, and facebook hacks 

PC: Alienware 15 R3  Cpu: 7700hq  GPu : 1070 OC   Display: 1080p IPS Gsync panel 60hz  Storage: 970 evo 250 gb / 970 evo plus 500gb

i was worried someone had my password  checked my activity and my users of account, only my devices and my vidoes so it seems its just youtube algorithm showing me this, i hope it stops