Glued on Notebook CPU and GPU?

I have a notebook motherboard I would like to pull the GPU and the CPU out of (the CPU in question is an Intel Atom N270). However, it seems as the dies are glued into place. There was what appeared to be hotglue holding it in place on each of the corners. I removed it, but the dies do not seem to want to budge. Any suggestions on removing the processors?

It's probably soldered on, why would you want to remove them? it'll be hard to re-use them.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

2 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

It's probably soldered on, why would you want to remove them? it'll be hard to re-use them.

In all honesty, it’s out of sheer curiosity. I thought perhaps I could reuse the dies in a better board and (attempt to) overclock them, mainly just for fun.

Just now, GLangston said:

In all honesty, it’s out of sheer curiosity. I thought perhaps I could reuse the dies in a better board and (attempt to) overclock them, mainly just for fun.

Unless youve got some pretty good soldering skills you won't be re-using them on another board :P 

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

16 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

Unless youve got some pretty good soldering skills you won't be re-using them on another board :P 

Aren't you supposed to use some sort of heat gun on BGA CPUs?

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

4 minutes ago, thegreengamers said:

Aren't you supposed to use some sort of heat gun on BGA CPUs?

All Atom chips are soldered IIRC, cause they're meant to be embedded CPU's.

Or do ya mean the heat guns just to loosen the solder?

27 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

All Atom chips are soldered IIRC, cause they're meant to be embedded CPU's.

Or do ya mean the heat guns just to loosen the solder?

I was talking about taking the CPU off the board. And some Atoms use regular thermal paste, like mine! It's a shame the CPU could barely run Linux though...

Computer engineering grad student, cybersecurity researcher, and hobbyist embedded systems developer

Daily Driver:

CPU: Ryzen 7 4800H | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

Gaming PC:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: EVGA RTX 2080Ti | RAM: 32GB DDR4 3200MHz C16

2 hours ago, thegreengamers said:

I was talking about taking the CPU off the board. And some Atoms use regular thermal paste, like mine! It's a shame the CPU could barely run Linux though...

Alrighty. Well, thanks to you guys anyway.