view Windows 2012 r2 server pw

Taffy2101

hey guys ,

just  a quick Q 

how do i see my windows admin pw 

i am logged in to the account as its my mining rig but i have been away for awhile and forgot the pw is there something like that wifi network properties i can use for my admin pw ? i just dont want the pc to restart or shutdown that will be tragic please and thanks

you can't see it, however, your running server so you could change it?

in computer management you should see "Local users and groups". there you can find the admin account, right click and change the password

Positive Mental Additude!

Just another Tired IT guy...

General windows policy is admins never actually see passwords you can only change passwords, You could try the built in administrator account if you haven't disabled it, Windows NT Reset is an option for accounts stored locally (although I have never used it on an active directory account). if you have a file share that is active and accessible from another computer you can try to view stored credentials if that helps at all

https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/credentials_file_view.html (windows will think this is a virus, cause it can be used as one)

Current: R2600X@4.0GHz\\ Corsair Air 280x \\ RTX 2070 \\ 16GB DDR3 2666 \\ 1KW EVGA Supernova\\ Asus B450 TUF

Old Systems: A6 5200 APU -- A10 7800K + HD6670 -- FX 9370 + 2X R9 290 -- G3258 + R9 280 -- 4690K + RX480

16 minutes ago, FastRDust said:

you can't see it, however, your running server so you could change it?

in computer management you should see "Local users and groups". there you can find the admin account, right click and change the password

thanks bro are there any tools do do this? as to change the pw i think for admin acc you need old pw