Is the "Gaming speaker= shit" stereotype true?

Indominus-Rex

Not sure if its a stereotype, but lets just call it that for now.

Now for the question,

The Edifier R1700BTs are much better than the logitech G560s right? Even for almost half the price of the logitech speakers in my country.

Sorry for the awfully unusual format.

logitech_g560_front_box.jpg

r1700bt-1_f125ab42-c166-4881-904a-0cffec6a2626.jpg

Those are different kind of speakers.

The Logitech are 2.1 and those Edifier are 2.0.
I have read reviews on Amazon about the Edifier which cost about 90-100€ in my region - seems to be a solid speaker.

Personally, like you, I think the G560 (240w sound) looks really expensive for what its is, looks like you have to pay a big "Gaming"-premium and there looks to be some LED lighting going on as well - but I'm not sure since I've never heard them.

Anyway, if you want punchy bass, I don't recommend going for a 2.0 Setup but rather a 2.1 - maybe not the logitech g560, but I strongly recommend the Logitech z623 (100€) or the refresh z625 (150€). I've had the z623 (200w sound) for 6 years now, I find them to be really good, the bass is just mighty - especially for the price. (I paid 130€back in the day)
If you want the wooden look, ease of installation and less cables and don't care much for strong bass - than Edifier is for you.

RGB & Fan control ULTIMATE GUIDE !

While those gaming/multimedia speakers with subwoofer certainly can give more bass punch, monitor speakers (like those Edfifiers) are certain to have overall lot more accurate sound.

1 hour ago, EsaT said:

While those gaming/multimedia speakers with subwoofer certainly can give more bass punch, monitor speakers (like those Edfifiers) are certain to have overall lot more accurate sound.

Could you recommend a separate subwoofer under $100

1 hour ago, Indominus-Rex said:

Could you recommend a separate subwoofer under $100

You don't need a separate subwoofer. See the little speaker in the Edifiers? They'll handle the higher frequencies. See the big speaker? They'll handle the lower frequencies. Don't pay the 'gamer tax'

24 minutes ago, ImpulseRez said:

You don't need a separate subwoofer. See the little speaker in the Edifiers? They'll handle the higher frequencies. See the big speaker? They'll handle the lower frequencies. Don't pay the 'gamer tax'

Ok cool

Cheap subwoofers will just make a rumble and not a sound anyway. Also I really don't get putting LEDs EVERYWHERE. 

• 3 weeks later...

I like the appearance of the G560, just curious on the sound quality. Looking for something sleek as I dont have much room on my desk.