Sooo, i been working on upgrading my pc for a while now. I started last year and upgraded everything but my gpu and psu, and then this year i finally got those parts aswell.
And ever since i finished it i've gotten significantly lower fps than the benchmarks i've looked at. 
So what im curious about is if i need to get a new cpu again, or could it be something else?

Im currently running the Asus 1080 strix, and a i5-7600k, along with a 750w psu and 16 gigs of 3000mhz corsair vengeance RGB ram on the Asus ROG strix z270E mobo.

This is also the first time im posting on a forum, so be gentle

5 minutes ago, KycklingFTW said:

Sooo, i been working on upgrading my pc for a while now. I started last year and upgraded everything but my gpu and psu, and then this year i finally got those parts aswell.
And ever since i finished it i've gotten significantly lower fps than the benchmarks i've looked at. 
So what im curious about is if i need to get a new cpu again, or could it be something else?

Im currently running the Asus 1080 strix, and a i5-7600k, along with a 750w psu and 16 gigs of 3000mhz corsair vengeance RGB ram on the Asus ROG strix z270E mobo.

This is also the first time im posting on a forum, so be gentle

Is the 1080 running in 16x?

No you dont need new cpu this one is perfect for gaming but because intel are not the best company they don smother  their chips and this cpu runs a bit hot what are your temp under load it might me trottling hard also what is your game resolution

The CPU should not be a bottleneck, but what cooler do you have for it?

2 minutes ago, H20Burner said:

Is the 1080 running in 16x?

Whats the easiest way of finding out? sorry

1 minute ago, TheoW said:

The CPU should not be a bottleneck, but what cooler do you have for it?

nzxt kraken x42

5 minutes ago, Mokilop said:

No you dont need new cpu this one is perfect for gaming but because intel are not the best company they don smother  their chips and this cpu runs a bit hot what are your temp under load it might me trottling hard also what is your game resolution

1080p ultrawide.. lemme take a look at the temps!

Just now, KycklingFTW said:

Whats the easiest way of finding out? sorry

That asus board prob has gpu post. Go into bios and there should be a tools tab and then there should be gpu post. It will list all cards in the system and tell you if its running in 16x or not.

13 minutes ago, KycklingFTW said:

Your CPU is still mostly fine for gaming. Either get a Ryzen 6/8 core for more cores/best value, or wait for 9th gen intel parts

You could have gotten a better CPU cooler for the money, or just a better CPU with that money.

And what's your monitor resolution/refresh rate?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Your CPU is still mostly fine for gaming. Either get a Ryzen 6/8 core for more cores/best value, or wait for 9th gen intel parts

You could have gotten a better CPU cooler for the money, or just a better CPU with that money.

And what's your monitor resolution/refresh rate?

Yeah, i was gonna get a bigger version of the cooler but didnt have enough money for it.
2560x1080p OCd to 160hz

2 minutes ago, KycklingFTW said:

Yeah, i was gonna get a bigger version of the cooler but didnt have enough money for it.
2560x1080p OCd to 160hz

All of the krakens are overpriced memes, decent 240mm AIOs are like $80

Then ya the i5 will hold you back from the best 144hz gaming, should still be over 60fps in most cases. Wait for the 9th gen from Intel if you want the best 144hz gaming, if you want perfectly fine gaming grab a cheap R5 1600/R5 2600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oRLSotvcpA

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

Temps while playing Battlefield 1 on a 64 player match, with all setting set to ultra with 200% resolution scaling.
Got around 30 fps, and i tried it before with everything set to low, and 100% res scaling, then i got about 50 fps...
asdasdasdasda.PNG.731e2243e32885822c08cf1cb31bc7c4.PNG

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

Then ya the i5 will hold you back from the best 144hz gaming, should still be over 60fps in most cases. Wait for the 9th gen from Intel if you want the best 144hz gaming, if you want perfectly fine gaming grab a cheap R5 1600/R5 2600

Krakens are more expensive because they have a beautiful RGB and they charge a lot for it but yeah i agree they are overpriced

5 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

yeah, im sure they arent worth the price.. tbh i went with that one because of the looks

With Ultra details and 200% res scaling on 2560x1080 monitor, you are running that GPU to the ground with 4,5k resolution.
However checking PCI-e speed is priority. Easiest way is using GPU-z.
Keep in mind, BF1 likes more than 4 threads and aiming for high refresh rate is tall order for Core i5 Quad Core CPU to fill.

PS. Free more space on OS/game drive. 10GB isn't enough.

CPU : Core i7 6950X @ 4.26 GHz + Hydronaut + TRVX + 2x Delta 38mm PWM
MB : Gigabyte X99 SOC (BIOS F23c)
RAM : 4x Patriot Viper Steel 4000MHz CL16 @ 3042MHz CL12.12.12.24 CR2T @1.48V.
GPU : Titan Xp Collector's Edition (Empire)
M.2/HDD : Samsung SM961 256GB (NVMe/OS) + + 3x HGST Ultrastar 7K6000 6TB
DAC : Motu M4 + Audio Technica ATH-A900Z
PSU: Seasonic X-760 || CASE : Fractal Meshify 2 XL || OS : Win 10 Pro x64

19 hours ago, agent_x007 said:

With Ultra details and 200% res scaling on 2560x1080 monitor, you are running that GPU to the ground with 4,5k resolution.
However checking PCI-e speed is priority. Easiest way is using GPU-z.
Keep in mind, BF1 likes more than 4 threads and aiming for high refresh rate is tall order for Core i5 Quad Core CPU to fill.

PS. Free more space on OS/game drive. 10GB isn't enough.

no idea what im looking at, and im not looking for crazy fps, just more than 50, which is what i usually get no matter my settings.image.png.e16083342f65d8e01126c9ac066ed104.png