I need help with storage selection

Hello, I am going to build my first pc and i need to help out with choosing brand of SSDs and HDDs. Im actually thinking about making it with 2 SSDs and 1 or more HDDs. I thought i could go with one 256GB SSD from Samsung for OS, another 1TB SSD for games and HDDs for storage, but Im a bit confused with the SSD for games because of writes limitations. Will this be fine ? If not I would be pleased if you responded by wise answer.

3 minutes ago, Adamator_Cz said:

but Im a bit confused with the SSD for games because of writes limitations. Will this be fine ?

You're not constantly rewriting the games over and over, usually you install a game and then it sits there for weeks or months without a single file changing, other than perhaps a small patch here or there. That's actually less traffic in practice on the disk than e.g. the OS itself would generate on the OS-disk. A modern SSD in regular use should last something around 10 years or more, so you have nothing to worry about, anyways.

Hand, n. A singular instrument worn at the end of the human arm and commonly thrust into somebody’s pocket.

9 minutes ago, Adamator_Cz said:

Hello, I am going to build my first pc and i need to help out with choosing brand of SSDs and HDDs. Im actually thinking about making it with 2 SSDs and 1 or more HDDs. I thought i could go with one 256GB SSD from Samsung for OS, another 1TB SSD for games and HDDs for storage, but Im a bit confused with the SSD for games because of writes limitations. Will this be fine ? If not I would be pleased if you responded by wise answer.

If you get a good SSD, you won't kill that thing easily. I would highly recommend Samsung's 850/860 EVO SSDs. They're very fast and reliable drives. I have three, none have given me any trouble.

They have ridiculously long lifespans nowadays, so don't worry about it.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

if you are in the uk pc world has some Samsung SSD's on clearance they come with crew 2 as well. i used an SSD on my last pc for a couple years for games and it got nowhere near its write limitation.

20 minutes ago, Adamator_Cz said:

11 minutes ago, TheKDub said:

If you get a good SSD, you won't kill that thing easily. I would highly recommend Samsung's 850/860 EVO SSDs. They're very fast and reliable drives. I have three, none have given me any trouble.
They have ridiculously long lifespans nowadays, so don't worry about it.

As others have noted, SSD's have much longer lifespans now a days, so unless you're constantly writing 100's of GB to the drive every day, I'd get an SSD for both the OS drive and storage if you can afford it. :) Crucial's MX200/300/500 drives are my recommendation for SATA SSD's, as they provide nearly the same performance as Samsung's equivalent SATA based SSD's at a little cost savings, but Samsung's options are just as good if you don't mind spending a few more bucks.

Desktop: KiRaShi-Intel-2022 (i5-12600K, RTX2060) Mobile: OnePlus 5T | REDACTED - 50GB US + CAN Data for $34/month
Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9560 (the real 15" MacBook Pro that Apple didn't make) Tablet: iPad Mini 5 | Lenovo IdeaPad Duet 10.1
Camera: Canon M6 Mark II | Canon Rebel T1i (500D) | Canon SX280 | Panasonic TS20D Music: Spotify Premium (CIRCA '08)

try kingston a400 480 gig version it's a bit cheaper and can hold up pretty well

Another question from me is.... should i go for WD or Seagate drive, more specifically WD Red (PRO) or Seagate Skyhawk/Ironwolf ?