Recover data from a windows partion that won't boot

So my windows partition won't boot and it keeps going into windows start up repair every time I try to boot into it and when it finishes there is just a blank screen. Now i just want my data off of it. So what's the best method of doing so? I tried booting into a live CD of Linux mint and accessing the disk that way. But  for some reason it won't mount.

sounds like the MBR, drive partition, or controller has gone defective.

if an outside source (mint) couldn't mount the drive, be prolly need to seek professional recovery options. you'll need to weight the option of cost versus file needs/recovery.

2 hours ago, Solderben said:

So my windows partition won't boot and it keeps going into windows start up repair every time I try to boot into it and when it finishes there is just a blank screen. Now i just want my data off of it. So what's the best method of doing so? I tried booting into a live CD of Linux mint and accessing the disk that way. But  for some reason it won't mount.

Slave the drive to another working Windows PC and see if you can extract the data. A hassle. I know.

But if that's not possible then what airdeano suggested above might be your only option at this point.

CPU: Sempron 2500+ / P4 2.8E / P4 2.6C / A64 x2 4000+ / E6420 / E8500 / i5-3470 / i7-3770
GPU: TNT2 M64 / Radeon 9000 / MX 440-SE / 7300GT / Radeon 4670 / GTS 250 / Radeon 7950 / 660 Ti