Updating bios for the first time

Damai123

Hey guys, 

I want to update my bios because of some issues with my pc and I was recommended to update my bios. 

Now. I have a X370 MSI gaming plus motherboard. And i checked my biosversion which was: 5.00 (I checked it in cmd with command: wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion)

So I went to MSI's website and looked up the newest bios version for my motherboard (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-GAMING-PLUS.html).

However the name of the new versions ( 7A33v5D ) aren't even close to the name of my current version ( 5.00 ). Did I do something wrong or is it just fine to update my bios with the version i mentioned?

Thanks for all help in advance. 

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, Damai123 said:

Hey guys, 

I want to update my bios because of some issues with my pc and I was recommended to update my bios. 

Now. I have a X370 MSI gaming plus motherboard. And i checked my biosversion which was: 5.00 (I checked it in cmd with command: wmic bios get smbiosbiosversion)

So I went to MSI's website and looked up the newest bios version for my motherboard (https://www.msi.com/Motherboard/support/X370-GAMING-PLUS.html).

However the name of the new versions ( 7A33v5D ) aren't even close to the name of my current version ( 5.00 ). Did I do something wrong or is it just fine to update my bios with the version i mentioned?

Thanks for all help in advance. 

you should be jsut fine. Also you want to update from a USB drive while u r in bios/ufie

PSU Tier Ranking List

Ryzen 5 1600x|ASROCK                      |16GB DDR4 3400Mhz Corsair Vengence   | (partial build in progress)

FX-8350 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V1 | 32GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H100i v1

FX-8120 AM3+| ASUS M5A990FX V2 | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 850 PRO | Win 7 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 750 ti 6GB | Corsair H80i v1 

I5-2500K LGA  | ACER MOBO??         | 16GB DDR3 2400Mhz Corsair Vengeance | Samsung EVO 860 PRO | Win 10 64 Pro | EVGA 750W G PSU | EVGA 970 SC 4GB | Corsair H80i v1

Just now, STRESSMASTER said:
  Reveal hidden contents

you should be jsut fine. Also you want to update from a USB drive while u r in bios/ufie

yea i will, thanks man. Ill let you know how it went

If i end up bricked im killing myself

This is your version, note the 50 in the end: 7A33v50

This is the newest version: 7A33v5D, so it is version 13.

So it will work fine, next time if you want to know your full bios version look at it in bios, not in windows.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

3 hours ago, Origami Cactus said:

This is your version, note the 50 in the end: 7A33v50

This is the newest version: 7A33v5D, so it is version 13.

So it will work fine, next time if you want to know your full bios version look at it in bios, not in windows.

ooh okay, so my bios currently is pretty outdated then huh. Thanks for helping 

So I downloaded and extracted the files and placed them in my usb drive. Then i headed the my bios and m-flash, but it told me that no usb was detected. Any solutions?

22 minutes ago, Damai123 said:

So I downloaded and extracted the files and placed them in my usb drive. Then i headed the my bios and m-flash, but it told me that no usb was detected. Any solutions?

What usb port did you plug the stick into?

Try the backpanel usb 2.0 ports.

I only see your reply if you @ me.

This reply/comment was generated by AI.

1 minute ago, Origami Cactus said:

What usb port did you plug the stick into?

nevermind I had to reformat my usb from exfat to fat 32 , my bios is updated, i hope i will see some results :), thanks for the help