Random FPS Drop in a gaming laptop ...

arianahmadi031

hi 

i bought a gaming laptop 2-month ago . my system config is i7-7700HQ , 16GB RAM , 1050ti -4GB-GDDR5 ,2T HDD+ 128ssd ,laptop type is ASUS FX553VE

in playing game like COD-WWII i have 100 FPS but after 30-40second FPS Drops Suddenly and it repeats Randomly and it come to FPS 10 and get a bad lag after it go to 100FPS again 

i saw this problem in pubg and rules of survival . even in low graphic setting 

my general FPS is good verrry good but it Drops randomly and its annoying

*** in power options when i choose High Performance option with "Maximum Processor state=100" it happens with FPS Drop but when i modeify "Maximum Processor State to 75 " it has no FPS Drop , i thought its for GPU_Bottleneck but i saw running these game on my laptop in youtube with processor state 100 without any problem 

whats wrong with my laptop? 

i chose high priority for these game in task manager, i disabled game dvr and cortana , i defrag my hdd ,i force my game to run in nvidia gpu 

plz answer

First of all, next time you post use capital letters, full stops and paragraphs - because this post is so cluttered which is why you probably have no responses. 

Your laptop may 1) Be running too many background tasks 2) Be overheating 3) It's just a faulty product. If you haven't overclocked it (which is a no no on a laptop) then go back to where you bought it and have them fix it under warranty.

can i repost it to get some answers? 

should i write short sentences?

hi 

i bought a gaming laptop 2-month ago .

my system config is i7-7700HQ , 16GB RAM , 1050ti -4GB-GDDR5 ,2T HDD+ 128ssd ,laptop type is ASUS FX553VE.

in playing games like call of duty wwii i have 100 FPS but after 30-40second fps Drops Suddenly

and it repeats randomly and it come to fps 10 and get a bad lag after it go to 100fps again

i saw this problem in pubg and rules of survival . even in low graphic setting .

in power options when i choose High Performance option with "maximum Processor state=100" it happens with fps Drop

but when i set "maximum Processor State to 75 " it has no FPS Drop.

i thought its for GPU_Bottleneck but i saw running these game on my laptop in youtube with processor state 100 without any problem .

whats wrong ?

what laptop? Performance taking a massive dump after a few minutes of play sounds like potential thermal issue.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

System: R9-5950x, ASUS X570-Pro, Nvidia Geforce RTX 2070s. 32GB DDR4 @ 3200mhz.

This sounds like thermal throttling. 

زندگی از چراغ

Intel Core i7 7800X 6C/12T (4.5GHz), Corsair H150i Pro RGB (360mm), Asus Prime X299-A, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (4X4GB & 2X8GB 3000MHz DDR4), MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G (2.113GHz core & 9.104GHz memory), 1 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 1TB NVMe M.2, 1 Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, 1 Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, 1 WD Red 1TB mechanical drive, Corsair RM750X 80+ Gold fully modular PSU, Corsair Obsidian 750D full tower case, Corsair Glaive RGB mouse, Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 (Cherry MX Red) keyboard, Asus VN247HA (1920x1080 60Hz 16:9), Audio Technica ATH-M20x headphones & Windows 10 Home 64 bit. 

The time Linus replied to me on one of my threads: 

18 minutes ago, arianahmadi031 said:

can i repost it to get some answers? 

should i write short sentences?

A mod is probably going to say no and merge the topics.  If you have more questions just ask here.  You can edit your original post if you want.

If capping your cpu at 75 is helping, it sounds like it may be thermal throttling or just unstable.  Can't say for certain if you don't have screenshots of your temps, but that'd be my guess.

Kind of echo-ing what Supersonic said, you may want to have it serviced via your warranty if possible, because trying anything beyond software fixes will likely void that.  Or you can try re-installing the OS, or just live with the imperfection.  Up to you.

Yeah, at those settings high performance... and whatever your in game settings are... I would seriously consider getting a good laptop cooling pad.

A cooling pad should help as well as lowering in game settings and resetting power plan to balanced  

On 8/17/2018 at 10:00 PM, Biggerboot said:

A mod is probably going to say no and merge the topics.  If you have more questions just ask here.  You can edit your original post if you want.

If capping your cpu at 75 is helping, it sounds like it may be thermal throttling or just unstable.  Can't say for certain if you don't have screenshots of your temps, but that'd be my guess.

Kind of echo-ing what Supersonic said, you may want to have it serviced via your warranty if possible, because trying anything beyond software fixes will likely void that.  Or you can try re-installing the OS, or just live with the imperfection.  Up to you.

thank you so much 

i took my laptop to the warranty service 

my cpu temp when i'm playing games is : 75-84 Celsius degree and graphic temp is : 60-70 Celsius degree

i have question about post into linus ,why nobody answered my question?? just 2 peoples ... 

37 minutes ago, arianahmadi031 said:

thank you so much 

i took my laptop to the warranty service 

my cpu temp when i'm playing games is : 75-84 Celsius degree and graphic temp is : 60-70 Celsius degree

i have question about post into linus ,why nobody answered my question?? just 2 peoples ... 

Those temps don't sound totally unreasonable, but you can confirm throttling by looking at cpu-z or something to monitor your cpu speed while gaming.

There's a chance it could be something else too (faulty ram, storage, sensors, etc), but as stated doing any troubleshooting beyond just drivers or the OS means voiding your warranty.  You're probably not getting more answers because that's really all we can tell you.

19 hours ago, Biggerboot said:

Those temps don't sound totally unreasonable, but you can confirm throttling by looking at cpu-z or something to monitor your cpu speed while gaming.

There's a chance it could be something else too (faulty ram, storage, sensors, etc), but as stated doing any troubleshooting beyond just drivers or the OS means voiding your warranty.  You're probably not getting more answers because that's really all we can tell you.

warranty service called me and told one of my chipsets on mainboard dont work correctly with voltage and general performance, they want chang that chipset.

thank you for your attention.

its interesting that, my laptop work very good at high graphic games like FarCry 5 and Evil within 2 . in farcry 5 i set antialising to 16x and play without problem ,

but i have problem with more less graphic games like COD-WWII and Rules of survival and Fortnite 

it was for mainboard..