PC for around 900$

DashRainy

Heya guys!
I'm trying to build a gaming pc for approx 900$. I expect to be gaming at 1080p, and i was thinking about picking up:

• CPU: AMD R5 2600 (I'm fine with the stock cooler)
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE AM4 AB350 GAMING 3
  • Graphics card: ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL O6G 6GB GDDR5
  • RAM: HyperX Fury Black 8GB(2x4GB) DDR4 2666 MHz (or mabye just take one 8GB stick and upgrade later to 16GB)
  • Storage: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda and 120GB Kingston SSD
  • PSU: Corsair CX550M (Semi or full modular PSU would be great)
  • Case: Don't really care about that as long as it is around 40$ max (but I already have a case i would like to buy for 38$)

(In my country this build is for 934$)

Need help with choosing the right graphics card and maybe even pick a different motherboard and take a look at the whole build if there is something that could be better for the buck. If the budget allows it, it would be great to up the RAM to 16GB.

The gigabyte is a good motherboard. As far as a GPU I would get a intel core i5 8400

10 minutes ago, DashRainy said:

Need help with choosing the right graphics card and maybe even pick a different motherboard and take a look at the whole build if there is something that could be better for the buck. If the budget allows it, it would be great to up the RAM to 16GB.

Which country? Is it primarily for gaming or do you intend to do more on it, like photo or video editing?

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 hour ago, NelizMastr said:

Which country? Is it primarily for gaming or do you intend to do more on it, like photo or video editing?

I'm from Czech Republic, and yes primarily for gaming and then some regular stuff(movies, word documents, pp presentations, browsing, etc. And for the CPU i would like to take that AMD and oc it a bit, but if there is a better intel alternative then im fine with it 

6 hours ago, DashRainy said:

Heya guys!
I'm trying to build a gaming pc for approx 900$. I expect to be gaming at 1080p, and i was thinking about picking up:

• CPU: AMD R5 2600 (I'm fine with the stock cooler)
  • Motherboard: GIGABYTE AM4 AB350 GAMING 3
  • Graphics card: ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL O6G 6GB GDDR5
  • RAM: HyperX Fury Black 8GB(2x4GB) DDR4 2666 MHz (or mabye just take one 8GB stick and upgrade later to 16GB)
  • Storage: 1TB Seagate BarraCuda and 120GB Kingston SSD
  • PSU: Corsair CX550M (Semi or full modular PSU would be great)
  • Case: Don't really care about that as long as it is around 40$ max (but I already have a case i would like to buy for 38$)

Id suggest not cheaping out on the case, cheap cases are a pain to work in (Ive done it not fun), often have sharp  panel and are overall flimsy. I would suggest 60-70 is better for a case

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

2 minutes ago, elderago said:

Id suggest not cheaping out on the case, cheap cases are a pain to work in (Ive done it not fun), often have sharp  panel and are overall flimsy. I would suggest 60-70 is better for a case

I'm for better case too, but my friend is fine with a cheap one, and i will most likely not build it, because the retailer im gonna buy it from offers to build it for a free

5 hours ago, DashRainy said:

I'm from Czech Republic, and yes primarily for gaming and then some regular stuff(movies, word documents, pp presentations, browsing, etc. And for the CPU i would like to take that AMD and oc it a bit, but if there is a better intel alternative then im fine with it 

If you want to stream, edit, or do anything else that uses more threads, the R5 2600 is the best bang for the buck CPU, unless you get an R5 1600 on sale (but those are pickier with RAM and a bit slower at stock). If you're only going to be gaming, the new 6 core i5s are good. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch

1 minute ago, Zando Bob said:

If you want to stream, edit, or do anything else that uses more threads, the R5 2600 is the best bang for the buck CPU, unless you get an R5 1600 on sale (but those are pickier with RAM and a bit slower at stock). If you're only going to be gaming, the new 6 core i5s are good. 

Well mostly gaming to be honest, so i guess i should go for an intel i5 8400 then?

2 minutes ago, DashRainy said:

Well mostly gaming to be honest, so i guess i should go for an intel i5 8400 then?

If it's cheaper, then yeah. But IIRC Intel's stock coolers are still ew and you can't overclock. 

EDIT: http://cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-8400-vs-AMD-Ryzen-5-2600/3939vs3955

the i5 only beats the R5 by 3%, and if you OC that advantage will be gone so I'd go for the Ryzen. 

Intel HEDT and Server platform enthusiasts: Intel HEDT Xeon/i7 Megathread 

Main PC 

CPU: i9 7980XE @4.5GHz/1.22v/-2 AVX offset 

Cooler: EKWB Supremacy Block - custom loop w/360mm +280mm rads 

Motherboard: EVGA X299 Dark 

RAM:4x8GB HyperX Predator DDR4 @3200Mhz CL16 

GPU: Nvidia FE 2060 Super/Corsair HydroX 2070 FE block 

Storage:  1TB MP34 + 1TB 970 Evo + 500GB Atom30 + 250GB 960 Evo 

Optical Drives: LG WH14NS40 

PSU: EVGA 1600W T2 

Case & Fans: Corsair 750D Airflow - 3x Noctua iPPC NF-F12 + 4x Noctua iPPC NF-A14 PWM 

Display: LG 27UK650-W (4K 60Hz IPS panel)

Mouse: EVGA X17

Keyboard: Corsair K55 RGB

Mobile/Work Devices: 2020 M1 MacBook Air (work computer) - iPhone 13 Pro Max - Apple Watch S3

Other Misc Devices: iPod Video (Gen 5.5E, 128GB SD card swap, running Rockbox), Nintendo Switch