Evga 1080ti hybrid

Corsair 750watt PSU

Corsair h150i cpu cooler

32gb nighthawk 3200Mhz ram

Samsung evo 860 1tb ssd

Samsung evo 960 250gb m.2

Seagate barracuda 2tb HDD

Windows 10 64bit on pen drive, bought brand new

Finnished building, plugged in and worked first time, loaded straight to bios, then went to windows install. I selected the m.2 as the drive i wanted to install windows on, got 29% installed and then the 0x80070570 error popped up. Tried several times but same each time. 

Anyone know how i can fix this ?

P.s im a total newbie to pc building and im amazed my system actually turned on

First of all, you need to ensure that your UEFI is properly configured. Ensure that:

• Don't overclock your system, do that at the end, if you waat to.
  • CSM (Compatibility Support Module) is disabled
  • UEFI mode is enabled (and not set to Legacy/Disable/Compatibility)
  • SATA controller is set to AHCI mode
  • X.M.P (eXtreme Memory Profile) is set to Profile 1 (to get your RAM advertise speed, or close to)
  • Date & Time is correct (might as well on your way)
  • Your SATA SSD is on SATA-0 (or SATA-1 connector, whichever you have, pick the lowest number to be first), your HDD on following SATA connector
  • First boot device is your M.2 NVMe drive. Note: if your motherboard does not allow you to set your M.2 drive as your first drive, than simply unplug your SATA SSD. If you don't Window setup may create a boot partition on the the SATA SSD or HDD, and put the OS on the M.2 drive, and now you can't replace either or (well.. not easily). Personally, I would recommend to just have the M.2 drive, and he rest unplugged, One Windows is installed, I would plug the SATA cable for the SATA SSD and HDD.

When you install Windows, At the drive/partition selection screen, there is a blue link called "Load Drivers", click on it, and you want to load your M.2 drivers.

If the problem still persists, then you have a hardware problem. Typical causes:

• Faulty RAM
  • Faulty USB Flash drive of Windows. Drive might be broken, or the data might be corrupted (doubt it, as those are supposed to be tested, but I guess you never know. This is more of a possible issue if you do the flash drive yourself, and you had flaky internet, or just bad luck or the tool you used to prepare your flash drive crapped out because it didn't like your Flash drive)
  • Selected install drive is faulty

15 hours ago, GoodBytes said:

First of all, you need to ensure that your UEFI is properly configured. Ensure that:

• Don't overclock your system, do that at the end, if you waat to.
  • CSM (Compatibility Support Module) is disabled
  • UEFI mode is enabled (and not set to Legacy/Disable/Compatibility)
  • SATA controller is set to AHCI mode
  • X.M.P (eXtreme Memory Profile) is set to Profile 1 (to get your RAM advertise speed, or close to)
  • Date & Time is correct (might as well on your way)
  • Your SATA SSD is on SATA-0 (or SATA-1 connector, whichever you have, pick the lowest number to be first), your HDD on following SATA connector
  • First boot device is your M.2 NVMe drive. Note: if your motherboard does not allow you to set your M.2 drive as your first drive, than simply unplug your SATA SSD. If you don't Window setup may create a boot partition on the the SATA SSD or HDD, and put the OS on the M.2 drive, and now you can't replace either or (well.. not easily). Personally, I would recommend to just have the M.2 drive, and he rest unplugged, One Windows is installed, I would plug the SATA cable for the SATA SSD and HDD.

When you install Windows, At the drive/partition selection screen, there is a blue link called "Load Drivers", click on it, and you want to load your M.2 drivers.

If the problem still persists, then you have a hardware problem. Typical causes:

• Faulty RAM
  • Faulty USB Flash drive of Windows. Drive might be broken, or the data might be corrupted (doubt it, as those are supposed to be tested, but I guess you never know. This is more of a possible issue if you do the flash drive yourself, and you had flaky internet, or just bad luck or the tool you used to prepare your flash drive crapped out because it didn't like your Flash drive)
  • Selected install drive is faulty

Thanks for the quick response, trying to do your suggestions but im unsure to change the UEFI settings as the option is no longer available with CSM disabled ? Also with this disabled i cant see any drives. Ive disconnected the HDD and SATA SSD aswell and now it judt boots to bios and nothing else ?

16 minutes ago, GregWJR said:

Thanks for the quick response, trying to do your suggestions but im unsure to change the UEFI settings as the option is no longer available with CSM disabled ? Also with this disabled i cant see any drives. Ive disconnected the HDD and SATA SSD aswell and now it judt boots to bios and nothing else ?

Look to see if you have an option to enable/disable the M.2 slot, and make sure it is enabled. Restart your PC after to take affect.

If your motherboard can't see your M.2 Drive, than either your M.2 drive is faulty, or your motherboard M.2 slot is broken.

6 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Look to see if you have an option to enable/disable the M.2 slot, and make sure it is enabled. Restart your PC after to take affect.

If your motherboard can't see your M.2 Drive, than either your M.2 drive is faulty, or your motherboard M.2 slot is broken.

When i clear cmos and reboot, this is the initial screen and then the boot menu, drive is visible but as soon as i turn the CSM off the boot options disapear

20180817_190340.jpg

20180817_190402.jpg

Contact ASUS support. Might be bug in the UEFI.

If CSM is Enabled, that means you telling the computer to enable the old BIOS of the 70-80's that we had all this time, with all its joys of low resolution settings screen, slow boot time, lack of security features like SecureBoot

25 minutes ago, GoodBytes said:

Contact ASUS support. Might be bug in the UEFI

I set my m.2 to raid thinkinv it would help and now i cant undo it ? im really starting to panic i dont know what ive done

21 minutes ago, GregWJR said:

I set my m.2 to raid thinkinv it would help and now i cant undo it ? im really starting to panic i dont know what ive done

RAID? RAID to what? you only have 1x M.2 Drive.

You need 2 identical drive for RAID (proper and reliable)

I guess you could do JBOD... but then why buy a M.2 drive... just get a normal SSD.

1 hour ago, GoodBytes said:

RAID? RAID to what? you only have 1x M.2 Drive.

You need 2 identical drive for RAID (proper and reliable)

I guess you could do JBOD... but then why buy a M.2 drive... just get a normal SSD.

I was being an idiot and in blind panic didnt realise the bios wouldnt let me for that exact reason ? ive got it sorted it, turns out the USB drive provided by windows is just crap... borrowed a drive, downloaed the installer on an older pc and ive just booted into windows for the first time !!! Thank you so much for your time and effort in trying to help me ive actually learned a bit about bios in return ?