Should we wait for i9 9900K?

Buying my last part for PC which is the i7-8700k but should i wait for the new i9? or just go and buy right now? Also does anyone know when it will get released? Also what kind of PSU will iit need? like will a 650w one do fine? 

October 8th is the release date. Also, yes, 650W is plenty for any single GPU configuration :)

Just now, ReHWolution said:

October 8th is the release date. Also, yes, 650W is plenty for any single GPU configuration :)

Ah not 2 long then, also how will it compare to the i7-8700k if its just for gaming etc not much video editing and price wise? based on last year etc 

if it's just for gaming, IMHO 8C16T is gonna be pretty wasted. I still don't know if the new i7's will be 8C8T or 6C12T, but whatever's the case, I'd suggest you to wait, because AFAIK those new CPUs are gonna boost much higher and they're going to be soldered, so you'll have higher efficiency and better temperatures when compared to the i7 8700K.

1 minute ago, ReHWolution said:

if it's just for gaming, IMHO 8C16T is gonna be pretty wasted. I still don't know if the new i7's will be 8C8T or 6C12T, but whatever's the case, I'd suggest you to wait, because AFAIK those new CPUs are gonna boost much higher and they're going to be soldered, so you'll have higher efficiency and better temperatures when compared to the i7 8700K.

Ye this is ture , i just wish we knew the price point, would make life easier , dunno if they are going to be $100 or $200 more etc 

For the 9900K? It should be 449$ MSRP, not more than that, IMHO much better than a 7820X, that is the cheapest 8 core Intel ever made, with a 599$ MSRP.

About the 9700K it should retain a price between an 8700K and an 8086K, so sub 400$, most probably 349.

3 minutes ago, ReHWolution said:

For the 9900K? It should be 449$ MSRP, not more than that, IMHO much better than a 7820X, that is the cheapest 8 core Intel ever made, with a 599$ MSRP.

About the 9700K it should retain a price between an 8700K and an 8086K, so sub 400$, most probably 349.

Sounds great but i think i will just grab a 8700k i think The CPU performance improvements year over year are usually barely 10% usually. A 4790k from 2014 still runs strong today.So it should be aright :)

whatever makes your boat float :) 8C8T or 6C12T is gonna behave very similarly, I'd tell you to wait for a 9700K, since it's gonna run much cooler (it means: more overclock, more longevity because of better temps, less noise because of lower temps and so on), but picking an 8700K won't do harm :)

31 minutes ago, ReHWolution said:

whatever makes your boat float :) 8C8T or 6C12T is gonna behave very similarly, I'd tell you to wait for a 9700K, since it's gonna run much cooler (it means: more overclock, more longevity because of better temps, less noise because of lower temps and so on), but picking an 8700K won't do harm :)

haha should be aright :) This is my build btw : https://pcpartpicker.com/list/bf8bTB