After 2 weeks with NH-U12S on i7 8700K. No Complains No Regrets!

_Hustler_One_
3 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

So I raised the volts to 1.290v VCore still with 4.9 GHz, and DRAM 1.3v

my NH-U12S with iPPC 3000 PWM hits 3014 rpm to hold the max temps,

here's the result:

RealBench-20180817143101.png

So what does my System Score value say about?

^^^ This OC state and benchmarks result gives me this good performance,

shot_243.jpg

my HD client 1080p fully ultra setting of "World of Tanks" gameplay treats me with great 120-148 fps eyecandy in a map full of objects to render.

NH-U12S with NF-F12 iPPC fan hold the CPU temps while playing only at 60C max!

^^^ I DIDN'T EXPECT THIS KIND OF PERFORMANCE BY OVERCLOCKING ^^^

Say "NO" to GTX 1080 till I get fps drop to 60 on my current GPU

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs:

4 hours ago, _Hustler_One_ said:

So what does my System Score value say about?

Point of benchmark is to give value which you can compare with others. Or with your own results, like one before OCing to know how much better it is. Stress test is to look if system is stable. For modern stress tests (OCCT, Aida64 and RealBench) 2-4h is enough.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

12 hours ago, LoGiCalDrm said:

Point of benchmark is to give value which you can compare with others. Or with your own results, like one before OCing to know how much better it is. Stress test is to look if system is stable. For modern stress tests (OCCT, Aida64 and RealBench) 2-4h is enough.

Thanks for the big help and knowledge you and all people here shared me.

I remember 1st time run this PC with Turbo enabled i7 8700K at 4.3 GHz, the FSP Windale 4 doesn't able to cool it.

The temps were high, 49C idle and 71C gaming, compared to now with OC at 4.9 GHz 1.29v, the temps are 36C idle and 58C gaming! Dropped as much as 13C both idle and load.

What a huge improvement by a slimmer heatsink and stronger fan NH-U12S than Windale 4, not to forget to mention additional NF-F12 case fans to cover the inferiority of the PC case.

I don't have enough option available to upgrade the PC case here in my local, so I decided to stay with this current case.

Do you guys have anymore idea or concerns about my PC build?

Future replacements or upgrades recommendation to achieve balance in all sectors?

To see my PC build please refer to my signature.

My system specs:

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K, 5GHz Delidded LM || CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-C14S w/ NF-A15 & NF-A14 Chromax fans in push-pull cofiguration || Motherboard: MSI Z370i Gaming Pro Carbon AC || RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8Gb 2666 || GPU: EVGA GTX 1060 6Gb FTW2+ DT || Storage: Samsung 860 Evo M.2 SATA SSD 250Gb, 2x 2.5" HDDs 1Tb & 500Gb || ODD: 9mm Slim DVD RW || PSU: Corsair SF600 80+ Platinum || Case: Cougar QBX + 1x Noctua NF-R8 front intake + 2x Noctua NF-F12 iPPC top exhaust + Cougar stock 92mm DC fan rear exhaust || Monitor: ASUS VG248QE || Keyboard: Ducky One 2 Mini Cherry MX Red || Mouse: Logitech G703 || Audio: Corsair HS70 Wireless || Other: XBox One S Controler

My build logs: