EMMC emerge

Benjamin-Arthur

Hi quick question

Most simple netbook that come with 32gbs of eMMC installed is it possible to emerge the eMMC and a Micro SD in to ONE like as if you was to do a Raid 0 on multiple hard drives so it displays as one giant storage?

I don't believe that it's possible to put internal and external storage in a RAID array.

Micro SD cards, due to technically being external storage, would prevent that from working. Even if it was possible, RAID 0 is dependent on both drives having the same storage capacity, so you would only get a maximum capacity of 64GB.

-Thread moved to Storage Devices-

Welcome to the forums!

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

I don't believe that it's possible to put internal and external storage in a RAID array.

Micro SD cards, due to technically being external storage, would prevent that from working. Even if it was possible, RAID 0 is dependent on both drives having the same storage capacity, so you would only get a maximum capacity of 64GB.

-Thread moved to Storage Devices-

Welcome to the forums!

I believe there are drivers that allow it but it's sketchy AF

CPU: Core i9 12900K || CPU COOLER : Corsair H100i Pro XT || MOBO : ASUS Prime Z690 PLUS D4 || GPU: PowerColor RX 6800XT Red Dragon || RAM: 4x8GB Corsair Vengeance (3200) || SSDs: Samsung 970 Evo 250GB (Boot), Crucial P2 1TB, Crucial MX500 1TB (x2), Samsung 850 EVO 1TB || PSU: Corsair RM850 || CASE: Fractal Design Meshify C Mini || MONITOR: Acer Predator X34A (1440p 100hz), HP 27yh (1080p 60hz) || KEYBOARD: GameSir GK300 || MOUSE: Logitech G502 Hero || AUDIO: Bose QC35 II || CASE FANS : 2x Corsair ML140, 1x BeQuiet SilentWings 3 120 ||

LAPTOP: Dell XPS 15 7590

TABLET: iPad Pro

PHONE: Galaxy S9

She/they 

7 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Didn't that one dude do software RAID with an octet of thumbdrives?

i5 6600k and GTX 1070 but I play 1600-900. 1440p BABY!

Still, don't put too much faith in my buying decisions. xD 

I wasn't going to even attempt to raid 0 I just used it as an example... simply just want to emerge my eMMC and Micro SD card to one storage no raid intended kind of like having 2 separate hard drives at 1tb and making them just one storage (even thought there 2 HDD’s)?

Hello Benjamin-Arthur,

One SD card is not optimized for workloads like hard drives do, mostly pictures and videos but writing data everyday on one SD card will definitely minimize its lifespan more quickly. Use the SD periodically but don't use it as your daily driver for your computer. 

Seagate Technology | Official Forums Team

IronWolf Drives for NAS Applications - SkyHawk Drives for Surveillance Applications - BarraCuda Drives for PC & Gaming